It's a bit ironic as in there song "Year Zero" they stated again and again that they would "Never Fade Away" :angry:. Guess what? It seems they faded away quicker than they'd hoped ;).

They weren't exactly a one hit wonder as "Capricorn" wasn't a hit. But they weren't bad. Though Capricorn's music video was a rip off of a Smashing Pumpkins video.

Of there few releases I really enjoyed: "Echelon", "Capricorn", and "Buddah for Mary". Echelon my favourite of those three.

Have any of you heard of them? What did you think of them?

I saw them in concert. Not by choice since they were opening for Incubus. They actually weren't too bad and I do agree that 'Capricorn' was a good song. I also agree that Jared should stick to acting.

get their album - dont know, as i said before, if they have a second album or not - because they're pretty good: they mix guitar kinda of music with some metalic rock style

The new album is called "The Power of One" if I remember correctly...and while I do agree that Jared Leto is a fine actor, I give him props for doing 30STM and not caring if people don't like it or not. I say if you wanna start a band, then dammit...start a band.

lol exactly.

Do what you want in life... if others dont back you up, thats BS because you should always try to do something you want to do.

If he likes being in a band better than being an actor, then let him try the new route and see if it works out. If it doesnt he can always fall back on acting... right?

Amen to that. Its sad to think that there are probably alot of people out there who are too afraid to take a chance and do what they love so they end up missing out. Even if I don't like a bands music I will never cut them down, because at least they doing what they love and you gotta give props for that. (this doesn't include musicans who aren't really musicians and only a product of someone's elses imaginations)

exactly, there are many bands who are afraid of taking a chance to play or to have their music heard just because they think they are not doing "what people want to hear"... of course, it is music companies fault basically, because they just want to get bands who have this typical rhythm which is fashionable at a specific moment and they reject the rest because they are not too "comercial"... that sux... if i ran a records company, at least i would try to give a chance to as many people as possible...

I have never seen them life, but the album is awesome... how do they sound live, mcgarnicle19?

Loud. Very Loud. When I saw them it was a few weeks before their album came out so I was very unfamiliar with them at the time and couldn't tell you what songs they played, but obviously the show was good enough for me to go by their album! I do remember lead singer Jared Leto having a weird haricut with super long bangs that were always in his face and looked like they were annoying him! ;)