While once in awhile a flashback may end up being a little boring, for the most part they are great for character development and hints as to why the different people on the island act the way they do.

And I also quite like that they seemed to have slowed things down a little. Nothing wrong with building suspense. In fact, I loved the back to back episodes they had this season, where the exact same things happened, only they showed them from different perspectives.

i havent watched the show religiously till the second season, and have only see a few scattered episodes in the first season so there's one thing that confuses me: How come Locke (the religious guy) can't walk when he gets onto the plane, but down on the island he's perfectly fine again? What up wit dat?

the flashbacks are the most interesting parts. they add character development and move the story along. without the flashbacks the show would be like, stargate. it would suck nard.

Yeah, they are making is seem as though the island is affecting people. they're foreshadowing that when the timer runs out Locke will lose his ability to walk, and other things will happen to other people. there's other questions, like, why isn't hurley losing weight? etc

Edited by heyrabbit

i havent watched the show religiously till the second season, and have only see a few scattered episodes in the first season so there's one thing that confuses me: How come Locke (the religious guy) can't walk when he gets onto the plane, but down on the island he's perfectly fine again? What up wit dat?

That hasn't been explained yet. Perhaps something 'mystical' or maybe something natural like the magnetic field of some sort that was mentioned in the orientation film.

SPOILER

SPOILER (Highlight to View)

he jumps off the roof of the box factory where he works at trying to commit suicide...oops, did i let that slip?

Edited by Crusader

Also in the hatch how did Hurley find milk? - where'd that come from?

That was part of his dream. There's no milk in the hatch.

why isn't hurley losing weight?

He lost 50-some pounds over the summer, although it's hard to tell. Realistically though, his weight will never be an issue in the story because it's beyond the writers control (it's not like it's in jorge garcia's contract).

SPOILER (Highlight to View)

he jumps off the roof of the box factory where he works at trying to commit suicide...oops, did i let that slip?

purely spec. They haven't written or filmed Locke's next flashback yet.

Great show, too bad I have to wait a year to see the second season. I only buy DVDs :angry: Oh well, I guess I have something to look forward to, and it never hurt with other shows I like ;)

Just get it off bittorrent, that's what I do :angry:

thanks for clearing the milk up, it had me confused. I was trying to figure out how it got there for some time. Also the flashbacks are great in moderation. We don't need to see 30 minutes of a show about jin being a doorman. We don't need to see Sun's blind date these are things we could/should have figured out about them and their personalities. Slowing the show down when it's go SOOO much to do and where it could go, just makes it a little too soap operaish for me personally. Not that I want it to turn into Starship troopers at all. But the first season had a lot of tention and action w/o being too crazy. now it's like hardly anything in relation to the island, it's kinda dissapointing to me.

This show never fails to impress. I loved this last episode.

And about all the comments on the flashbacks, I think they're essential. They allow for character development no possible on the island. I highly doubt that they're running out of ideas. I mean, even with the flashbacks, most characters have at large mystery still unanswered in their past. Such as: why Jack's wife left, how Locke became paralyzed, who is the real Sawyer, what Kate did to become a fugitive, etc... They can almost do an entire season on the mysteries they created with the flashbacks and it would still be solid television.

Personally I can't wait to see what this show yet has to offer.