c_neglia3

Next Album

That sounds awesome, greatest hits, acoustic cd and a dvd. What about the b-sides, he posted on his site that some content could not fit like All Together a b-side from The Audio OF Being?

Ugly red honda - i love your avatar.

That's it

Thank ya!

Strangely, it's Matt Good related. It's an easter egg on the enhanced part of the Avalanche CD. (When the first screen comes up, click around the tip of the mountain and you'll see the full pic in all its glory.) ;)

i doubt the tracklist for the acoustic album will have any of the songs from the greatest hits disc..

question: did matt get to choose which songs to put on the greatest hits record?

i think he would have picked the songs he liked the most that werent released.. i know he said the only song that came out 'right' off of Underdogs.. was Prime Time Deliverance.. and he picked that song to do acoustic. and Tripoli was the first song he made for AoB in his head..

Guest jjazz

I think he's taking a really good approach on this set. It could have been the typical GH CD with a new track on it. But that's getting kind of old. The people who pick up this CD because they enjoy what they heard on radio or television might get a chance to hear some stuff they wouldn't regularly listen to. That's where the acoustic CD comes in. Might inspire them to go out and purchase his other records.

The DVD is great though, it's a nice treat for the fans who have been waiting a while for something like it.

So a Greatest Hits album eh?

Thats original.

May not be original, but it's in the contract of nearly every major label band. Most contracts are for 6-7 albums plus a disc of rarities and a greatest hits. Of course, it's generally the label's option what of that they want to release. But it's usually not something a band can decline: more often than not, it's going to happen whether the band likes it or not.

Seriously, there are bands with three albums and one hit with GH's. Offering the GH means that the label can pull the two albums that didn't sell out of print.

So a Greatest Hits album eh?

Thats original.

May not be original, but it's in the contract of nearly every major label band. Most contracts are for 6-7 albums plus a disc of rarities and a greatest hits. Of course, it's generally the label's option what of that they want to release. But it's usually not something a band can decline: more often than not, it's going to happen whether the band likes it or not.

Seriously, there are bands with three albums and one hit with GH's. Offering the GH means that the label can pull the two albums that didn't sell out of print.

Don't worry, I was being heavily sarcastic.

If Britney Spears can legitimately issue a Greatest Hits album, then by golly Matt Good can too.