Ruettiger

New Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Trailer

It's incredibly limiting, no matter how versatile the actor is. Tim Burton is a superb director, but he's relying to much on Johnny to make his movies good. Most directors if they reuse actors, make sure to rotate them between major and minor roles. Tim Burton is never going to grow as a director if he's just going to stick with the same principle actor for major roles.

Personally i don't care all that much, because he cranks out quality movies one after the other. But as people have mentioned, now he's known for sticking to one type of filmmaking. And despite his movies being excellent, it's almost redundant to walk into a Burton film, because you know what you're going to get more or less.

If anything good can be said about Planet of the Apes, it's that it differed immensely from anything Burton had previously made.

what the hell are you talking about?

he's not "relying" on johnny to make his movies good. seriously, that is the stupidest thing i've heard in i don't know how long.

he's a damn good actor, what director doesn't want a good actor to star in his movies? they have a chemistry together, clearly, that doesn't mean that anyone is "relying" on anyone else. burton's movies would be good no matter who was in them.

and that "one type of filmmaking" you're babbling about? that's called style. you know what that is, right? the reason you know it's a tim burton movie is because he has his own style, you know, like how picasso had a certain style of painting? you are familiar with picasso, right? do you need a different example?

how can you call a movie redundant and excellent at the same time?

ugggghhhh whatever. i feel like choking something now.

great movie, i mean you couldn't help but compare it to the original. and gene wilder will always be willy wonka no matter what movie he's in. i liked the humour i think Depp played the part well, he was a little creepy i admit but it was amusing. now those oompa loompas were CRACKED OUT.

everyone's saying johnny depp was really creepy in this movie, but i dont think he was.

he was different then his normal characters, yes. but different does more equal creepy.

to me, the new one and the original are incomparable.

different story line, different effects, different over all feeling.