juniorspank

How Would One Talk To Matt After A Concert?

With Matt recently announcing his stop in my city, I was wondering how one could go about meeting Matt after a show? Does he just sit there and wait for people to talk to him backstage(though in this place there isn't much of a backstage) or do you approach him as he leaves?

the only time i've seen him get 'awkward' (maybe that's not the word to use) is during the BM tour someone was stumbling over their words with him and he just told the dude to calm the fuck down

just act 'normal', if that's even possible for some of us ;)

We (my girlfriend and I) went to see him in bala last year and because we arrived early we were sitting in our car across the street from the club. With our backs to the road I made a couple of jokes that I saw him in the rear view mirror which made my girlfriend turn around every time. That is untill he walked right behind our car with a slice of pizza in hand. By that point my girlfriend didn't even want to look. I of course convinced her to look but neither of us had the balls to get out and say something to him. We waited for him after the show and got pictures and autographs with/from Rich and Pat but Matt never came out.

The shorter version ......I've had a few oppourtunities to meet him but too awh struck (or chicken shit) to approach him.

Brutal, I know.

Holding a celebrity on such a high pedestal, Matt would be so proud.

After one concert during the BM tour my friend met Matt in a shop outside of the venue and they started talking. My friend was wearing i think an Arsnel jersey and they started talking about soccer. Then Matt asked him if he wanted to go back stage with him and well of course my friend did. He was telling me that he saw the rest of the band chilling and talking with women. Hes got a pic of him and Matt together, and well Matt looks pretty hungover.

The times I have seen Matt perform, we either couldn't get around to the back or we met the rest of the band and he left right away.

Got some kick ass pics with Dave, Rich and Ian from the first Sarnia Bayfest.

We saw Matt was on the tour bus in Detroit before the show but he wouldn't come out. That was back when he used to burn stuffed animals during Load me up. We offered up our sacrifice to Dave Genn and he got it to Matt and he ended up burning it for us.

So much fun. It was this little ape in a cape with devil horns left over in the Valentine aisle at work. I glittered-glued burn me on the cape and he showed that to the crowd before he lit it up. Ah, memories.

I didn't bother trying, as i'd have made an ass of myself, but when MG played Fredericton last time, he hung out at the loading dock dealie, at his bus and let people come up. I regret it now, of course...

When I saw him last time in Hamilton I got to go backstage afterwards. Matt, the band, and most of Limblifter and Auf Der Maur were in some room in the conference center drinking beer with record executives and stuff. Even though I hear Matt Good's an asshole ( ;) ) he was a real nice guy, very approachable.

I have never met Matt, but i know if i did get a chance to meet him, he would be really nice and cool, and i would become the music spazz fan-boy that i inevitably turn in to.

it happens whenever i get a chance to talk to a band.

when i met Anton of the brian jonestown massacre, i got the band to sign a poster, and when he was signing it, i told him that he should make himself look like Gene Simmons with the permanent marker.....

Where the fuck did that come from??????

But its usually me saying stuff that they hear from everyone...

i'm your biggest fan

i dig your sound

you guys were awesome tonight

.....*banging head against the wall*

Last time he played here in my town security kicked us all out before Matt came out... It's a pity, but where they always have him play is large enough that they park the bus in the back of the building and divide the whole thing with a curtain. So you can't catch Matt on his way back to the bus since he just walks off stage and into the bus.

*shrug* one day I suppose I'll meet him.

Peace

Now now, let's chill.

You from the Sault?

I've heard that Matt Good likes the Sault, maybe he'll be a nice guy and sign autographs, who knows.

It's no biggy. He's just a person.

when i met Anton of the brian jonestown massacre, i got the band to sign a poster, and when he was signing it, i told him that he should make himself look like Gene Simmons with the permanent marker.....

anton is in a band??

OMG ANTON UR SORT OF FAMOUS LOLZ.

Now now, let's chill.

You from the Sault?

I've heard that Matt Good likes the Sault, maybe he'll be a nice guy and sign autographs, who knows.

It's no biggy. He's just a person.

Yeah, I am. Has he been here before? Is it true he likes it here? Perhaps I will speak to him afterwards. Either way, I have my ticket ;)