Guest jsunC

Missing Tracks On Some Versions Of Bm

Guest jsunC

Yeh i just realized about 1 month ago, that on my version of Beautiful Midnight that i was missing 2 songs. (Going All the Way & Let's Get it On) I have those songs now, but was just wondering if anyone knew the reason why these songs werent on some copies of BM. pCeeee

Every copy of BM has those songs except the US version. So if you're not missing them, you don't have the US version.

The US version has remixes of "Deep Six" (labelled "Deep 6ix"), "Apparitions", and "Everything Is Automatic" in place of "I Miss New Wave", "Let's Get It On", and "Going All the Way". Also, "Hello Time Bomb", "Strange Days", and "Load Me Up" are remixes. All of the remixes were made by Chris Lord-Alge (who mixed Green Day's American Idiot, among many others).

In my honest opinion, the remixes are inferior to the originals except "Hello Time Bomb". The remixes are generally more "rock", but Lord-Alge's snare drum sound is muddy and sounds like cardboard. I like certain ideas in the remixes (ie, removing the echoed vocals during the verses of "Load Me Up"), but I think the original mixes (with the exception of HTB) just sound cleaner.

There's just something about the original HTB mix that bugs me. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Every copy of BM has those songs except the US version.  So if you're not missing them, you don't have the US version.

The US version has remixes of "Deep Six" (labelled "Deep 6ix"), "Apparitions", and "Everything Is Automatic" in place of "I Miss New Wave", "Let's Get It On", and "Going All the Way".  Also, "Hello Time Bomb", "Strange Days", and "Load Me Up" are remixes.  All of the remixes were made by Chris Lord-Alge (who mixed Green Day's American Idiot, among many others).

In my honest opinion, the remixes are inferior to the originals except "Hello Time Bomb".  The remixes are generally more "rock", but Lord-Alge's snare drum sound is muddy and sounds like cardboard.  I like certain ideas in the remixes (ie, removing the echoed vocals during the verses of "Load Me Up"), but I think the original mixes (with the exception of HTB) just sound cleaner.

There's just something about the original HTB mix that bugs me.  Can't quite put my finger on it.

i have the regular canadian version and the track "I Miss New Wave" is labelled as "Deep 6ix" on my computer

Edited by sockcrotch

Every copy of BM has those songs except the US version.  So if you're not missing them, you don't have the US version.

The US version has remixes of "Deep Six" (labelled "Deep 6ix"), "Apparitions", and "Everything Is Automatic" in place of "I Miss New Wave", "Let's Get It On", and "Going All the Way".  Also, "Hello Time Bomb", "Strange Days", and "Load Me Up" are remixes.  All of the remixes were made by Chris Lord-Alge (who mixed Green Day's American Idiot, among many others).

In my honest opinion, the remixes are inferior to the originals except "Hello Time Bomb".  The remixes are generally more "rock", but Lord-Alge's snare drum sound is muddy and sounds like cardboard.  I like certain ideas in the remixes (ie, removing the echoed vocals during the verses of "Load Me Up"), but I think the original mixes (with the exception of HTB) just sound cleaner.

There's just something about the original HTB mix that bugs me.  Can't quite put my finger on it.

i have the regular canadian version and the track "I Miss New Wave" is labelled as "Deep 6ix" on my computer

whoever ripped it probably just fucked up while creating the ID3 tags. Maybe he got the track data from a site that referenced the US version.

it's not ripped... this is curious

Same thing happens to me [in regards to the American Import Tags] but I know what the songs are called just by listening, I don't need a lying sack of crap computer to confuse me over something like that.