;) don't understand the poster!

It's telling people to look for anything or anyone "suspicious" and report them. It's very "1984"-like.

It's designed to make people afraid and distrustful of one another, that much is certain. A scared population is easy to manipulate.

Edited by Bizud

So basically any of the people living in my area must be evil terrorists because they're of Middle Eastern decent and smell of curry. This frightens me because it seems suspicious to me because I'm not a big fan of curry and I'm whiter than the Pope is. Also I find the fact that they speak in a language that is foreign to me to be an

as he said...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

-----------------------

LA GUERRA ES LA PAZ

LA LIBERTAD ES LA ESCLAVITUD

LA IGNORANCIA ES LA FUERZA

he couldn't have been more right than this...

With World War and Cold War propaganda posters, I figured the slogans were kinda lame just because people thought differently back then and it would've been more effective at the time that way. Sorta like how all the magazine ads all had a lot more text in the 40's and 50's than current ones because it was what people responded to. This poster seems to be very similar to the 40's/50's stuff and leaves me thinking that it probably isn't a very effective poster today unless of course the purpose of the poster is to cultivate a World/Cold War mindset among the public.