At first I couldn't stand that dude's voice at all, but they have grown on me a bit. I can only take it small doses however.

I used to be like that with Cradle of Filth.

A lot of people i know stopped liking them because they got so popular and mainstream. This in my opinion is incredably immature. Sure a lot of teeny bopper types listen to them but who the hell cares. They are a legit talented band and i'm not afraid to say i like them. I saw them live and they were wicked. They put on an awesome show and a good live performance is a good judge of talent.

It'd be decent if they found someone without such an annoying voice.

On an unrelated note, I still say 'emo' is not a genre.

emo was made as "emotional hardcore".. that's the real genre, not the pussy "emo" stuff that's released now like mcr and shit.. that doesn't really fit what emo was supposed to be.. because if you think about it, all music is emotional in one way... liek summer said on the oc, it's just one guitar and a lot of complaining

emo was made as "emotional hardcore".. that's the real genre, not the pussy "emo" stuff that's released now like mcr and shit.. that doesn't really fit what emo was supposed to be.. because if you think about it, all music is emotional in one way... liek summer said on the oc, it's just one guitar and a lot of complaining

i love how you claim to know what emo is, and then cite mcr as 'pussy emo stuff.' get a life, douche.

i listened to their CD yesterday. i haven't in well over a year. i realized i like it.

wow, that was the shortest phase i've ever gone through. i ripped three songs off of it, and then sold it.

billy talent are a damn good band. yes his voice is different and a bit high but they make (mostly) good music that is high energy and it makes me want to dance. its too bad they passed that "no white guy dancing" bill.

too many people put them down for being a big part of the "pop-punk" thing thats going on but they really do stand out in my eyes.

emo was quite the genre. it doesn't really exist nowadays though, despite what people might try to pass off as emo. it even had its own "scene" or place of origin (washington D.C.), and had close ties to the D.C. hardcore scene. listen to real emo. bands like rites of spring, elliot, (early) modest mouse, fugazi, and even sunny day real estate.

blam.

I don't mind Billy Talent, they seem like good guys and from what I've seen/heard, they put on great concerts. As for that guys voice....it's different, annoying at times, but different. I don't know whats up with that guitarists hair, but it must take tons of hair gel to keep it up!