saturnine

As Much As I Hate Lists...

So amusing how defensive Tool fans get; the moment anyone places even the slightest shade of doubt on the god-like image to which Tool fans hold that Maynard character, they go all ape-shit.

please don't lump me in with the maynard is christ crowd.

he is only a portion of what makes tool the amazing band that they are.

i don't like a lot of stuff on that list, but my god, i've seen limp bizkit on lists like this. at least these people were using their heads.

Maybe on Rolling Stone reader's choice lists. Usually editors of magazines have some sense in them when making out these kinds of lists. Sometimes they don't. Our local rock station had one of those kinds of countdowns going, and they placed bands like Staind, Sum 41, and Linkin Park well inside the top 50. Shit, I think Green Day was in the top 10.

I do hate that the Rolling Stones charted higher than Nine Inch Nails, David Bowie, Tool, Nirvana, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, Prince, Queen, Simon and Garfunkel, The Smiths, The Police, Janis joplin, John Lennon, Rush, U2, Pink Floyd etc. etc.

(i despise the Rolling Stones)

Pretty decent list. I was happy to see:

28. In The Court Of The Crimson King (1969)-King Crimson

"tool should be #1." - saturnine

Damn Right.

Edited by shade

the lyrics are pretty basic, admittedly.

the only thing i really like about tool is the instrumental stuff. vocally, it's cool, but whatever. danny carey is pretty friggin amazing. i think, on the whole, tool fans do tend to go a little psychotic.

some of the stuff on that list i'm kind of ambivalent about.

i don't like the rolling stones, but they do have a lot of influence and such, i guess. some of that list i'd change around, but whatever.