Dan #1

Bush and Gore

ah, so your a yankee i take it?

my condolences..though i wont make too much fun...my g/f would kick my ass...she is an expatriot yank herself

i might...but as it stands, you have my sympathy, and please in the name of the world...vote for kerry...even if he is abhorrently boring and plastic

Kerry is the lesser of two weevils. And voting third party is like giving a vote to Bush. My sister and I were talking about this, because she can't stand Kerry. But as I see it, there is a chance that Kerry could be a good president, Bush can't be. He had his shot. But Kerry could be. However slim a chance, it could happen. So he has my vote. And if Kerry turns out to be a fuck-up like Bush, then the following election, I'll try the next guy. Right now, the only goal is getting rid of Bush. Any aftermath, will be delt with next. First things first.

i used to like the way the u.s.'s government was set up.. it was alot simpler then canda's. but now, i wish the us system was more like canada. if bush was prime minister rather then president, he would have much less power and wouldn' be able to do all the crap hes done. i second matt's impeachment idea.

i think this whole thing was avoidable.. but some good must come out of it. i don't know how yet. maybe we can all take trust out of our governments, because they ahven't been deserving of it for quite some time now.

What I don't understand was why we impeached Clinton, but not Bush. All Clinton did was get laid, as opposed to the horrors Bush has inflicted on the world. I remember when the whole Clinton scandal broke that everybody was saying the should be impeached, but with this whole Bush thing, no one down here has ever mentioned it, at all. Equals no sense.

I cannot agree more with you guys as I do right now... and It is so emotional to read your words and see a slight ray of light at the end of the tunnel...

do it, guys, get Bush out of the White House and let other people try to do things in a different way... at least, not so illegally as he has done things during his ruling...

But will this Kerry guy be able to do a much better job than Bush (I hope so but know very little of this guy). It sounds like he is somewhat similar to Bush. Can someone give information about Kerry?

well...Clinton was in trouble because he did something that offended the fundamentalist christian majority of the US...secondly Clinton had a republican senate (i think...i dont totally remeber ...feel free to correct me) and thus the senate wanted to see him out of power. Bush on the other hand is in power, while the senate is still mostly republican...this gives him a blank chegue of sorts (huzzah for WW1 german references)

Okay, I actually sat and read most of this thread, so I thought I'd weigh in.

(I'm new, so HI!)

I think the world would be a very different place if Gore was president right now. I don't believe the US would have backed out of the Missile Defence and Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaties. We wouldn't be looking at a nation that has had massive losses in the employment sector and we also wouldn't be seeing a nation that has seen it's deficit balloon out of control, despite the fact that many in power were all former CEO's and CFO's (of successful companies, no less).

As for the war in Iraq and The War on Terror: Bush can't be solely responsible for Iraq. There are other characters in this little play. Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rice, etc. Bush makes decisions based on the advice he gets from these people, his cabinet. Many of these people have been chomping at the bit, since Gulf War I, to get back into Iraq and finish the job, so to speak. I do however think that Gore's response to 9/11 would be somewhat similar. Look at Clinton's reaction to the bombings a few years ago, he did respond with force.

I think 9/11 would have happened regardless of who won the election. It was a build up of years of American foreign Policy, not the actions of any single man; that's really rather naive. bin-Laden has said as much himself, he talks about years of American oppression and influence in the Gulf as being the motivating factors in orchestrating the attacks.

As for he who asked why it is we discuss and debate such things, consider for a few moments that there are bigger things in the world other than yourself. People are dying everyday, and just because you don't see it, it doesn't mean it isn't happening. It is the complacency of the youth of today that will lead to greater tragedies in the future.

Anyway, I do have more to say, but I think that's a pretty good intro ;)

D

Welcome aboard Doc ;) I'd like to say that I completely agree with you. Though we wouldn't have as many problems now if Gore had taken Presidency 9/11 still would've happened. Though I wouldn't think Gore would have a full scale attack on the middle east based on the actions of one man.

It wouldn't have been a full scale attack on the mid east, but their would have been a response similar to what occurred in Afghanistan (with Bush as Prez).

Either way, there's no sense dreaming about it, we're stuck with Bush, we just have to hope that there's no funny business in November and that our American friends look forward instead of backward...

D

yes, 11/9 would've probably happened but the answer maybe would've been different... there wouldn't have been an illegal invasion in Irak, for example, or the terrorist campaign (an excuse Bush used in order to invade Irak) would've been different...

in my case, i'm sure that with a Democrat in the US power, the reaction to 9/11 wouldn't have provoked 3/11 in Madrid, for example...