heyrabbit

Biggest "grown On You" Albums

Which albums have grown on you?

Every MG album has grown on me and continues to grow on me like an evil fungus that requires daily feedings.

Also, frogstomp has grown to be one of my favorite albums, and ashes of the wake.

Most of the Modest Mouse albums seem to take alotta getting used to.

agreed, although i only have two of their albums...

i agree with satty about limblifter, as well, cuz the first time i heard it i hated it and i thought they sucked donkey ass but the more i listened the more i realized i couldn't keep their goddamn catchy songs out of my head. bastards.

other than that.. the dresden dolls are the first thing that comes to mind

Dummy by Portishead. Outside of Glory Box, I never really found myself listening to anything else on the album. Once I started really listening to the lyrics, I was hooked.

Mezzanine by Massive Attack was pretty much the same story too. Trip-hop's slowly been getting into my playlist.

Dummy by Portishead. Outside of Glory Box, I never really found myself listening to anything else on the album. Once I started really listening to the lyrics, I was hooked.

Ya, the first time I listened, I was like, "Alright, not bad." The second time it was meh... Then it slowly grew on me again and now I love it once more.

white stripes - "de stijl" <--- im still not entirely loving it.

APC - "mer de noms" certainly took awhile. i love it now, but for some reason i couldnt listen to certain songs.

i hated mer de noms the first time i heard it so i waited more than a year to listen to it again. i kept expecting it to be the same with thirteenth step, but that one never really grew on me.

yeah, "mer" is a very diverse record, it doesn't have a specific sound, IMO. "judith", "rose" and "thinking of you" are all very different songs in different directions, whereas i think "thirteenth" is a little more focussed, but if you don't like what they focussed on, then it's probably a bit harder to listen to.

oh god... i generally hate all albums on the first listen, especially if it's from a band that i love that has changed it's sound.

Incubus A Crow Left of the Murder

Leftover Crack Mediocre Genrica

Slipknot Vol 3

Limp Bizkit The Unquestionable Truth

Modest Mouse Good News For People Who Love Bad News

Taking Back Sunday Where You Want To Be

Queens of the Stone Age Songs For The Deaf

Alexisonfire Watch Out

The Ataris So Long Astoria

Boxcar Racer

Killswitch Engage The End of Heartache

My American Heart