heyrabbit

Biggest "grown On You" Albums

Hmmm.....

Oasis-Definitely Maybe

Coldplay-X&Y

MGB-Audio of Being

Lost Prophets-Start Something

White Stripes-Elephant (which is now one of my favourite albums of all-time)

Killers-Hot Fuss

How about the opposite? I've had a lot of albums I've loved that I don't even listen to anymore or even hate....

blink 182-blink 182

Metallica-St. Anger

Limblifter-I/o

Eve 6-It's All in Yor Head

most recently id have to say Econline Crush- brand new history

other notables:

neds atomic dustbin- brain blood volume

nada surf- proximity effect

wilco- a ghost is born

as far as stuff i dont listen to anymore, alotta stuff from '99 ex: limp bizkit, kid rock, korn, stuff like that

system of a down - mezmerize

tool - lateralus

pearl jam - no code (took 8 years)

soundgarden - down on the upside (i was young and wanted another superunknown. i was/am a fool)

the mars volta - frances the mute

coheed and cambria - in keeping secrets of silent earth: 3

tool - lateralus

soundgarden - down on the upside (i was young and wanted another superunknown. i was/am a fool)

;) :angry:

lateralus?? are you serious? what about it did you not like? wow.. why have you never told me this?

i didn't like superunknown at first, i wanted another louder than love or badmotorfinger and since black hole sun and my wave both made/make me want to kill i wasn't in a big hurry to listen to that album. i didn't even buy it until it after down on the upside was already released. we are both fools.

and i'm going to listen to soundgarden.

hmm.

the latest rise against album took time to grow on me. it's alright, but they've definitely become crap-lousy. the album as a whole is pretty lame. it's not bad... but if you've heard the oldest stuff, you'll know it's by far the best. you know they've hit mainstream when people are putting it in the yearbook and weaselly scenester kids are wearing their shirts all the time.

sad, but expected. the trucker hats were the beginning of the end...

Avalanche actually had to grow on me.

When I first got the album, I didn't really know what to make of it. I had only been introduced to some old MGB at the time, and when I read in the paper that a knew MG album was coming out, I didn't even know that the old mgb had split up. So I buy it, take it home, and it was entirely different from what I expected it to be. I evnetually came to love it, so no worries there.

tool - lateralus

;) :angry:

lateralus?? are you serious? what about it did you not like? wow.. why have you never told me this?

i didn't like superunknown at first, i wanted another louder than love or badmotorfinger and since black hole sun and my wave both made/make me want to kill i wasn't in a big hurry to listen to that album. i didn't even buy it until it after down on the upside was already released. we are both fools.

and i'm going to listen to soundgarden.

it wasn't what i expected. it wasn't aenima. it's not to say that i didn't like, just that it took some getting used to

hmm.

the latest rise against album took time to grow on me. it's alright, but they've definitely become crap-lousy. the album as a whole is pretty lame. it's not bad... but if you've heard the oldest stuff, you'll know it's by far the best. you know they've hit mainstream when people are putting it in the yearbook and weaselly scenester kids are wearing their shirts all the time.

sad, but expected. the trucker hats were the beginning of the end...

i hated Siren Songs upon my first listen, but i have come to love it. I've downloaded a few of their older songs, and i don't think they're any better or worse. I'm going to buy them eventually, so maybe they will be better...

Pavement - Brighten the Corners

I didn't realize that this album was good until I downloaded 'Starlings of the Slipstream' thinking I'd never heard it before. After finding out it was on an album I owned, I played the shit out of it, and it has quite a few bright spots.

Man, I was so into Lateralus right from the get go. It does have a vastly different feel than Aenima, which is probably good, since it's a different album.

Albums notwithstanding, one of my favourite songs that I was mad disappointed with when I first heard it was Pyramid Song by Radiohead. I didn't get that one until about the third listen.

Cheers,

Grizz

Disclaimer: I do not like Kelly Clarkson or own any of her CD's. I only hear her stuff when I am in someone elses car and, therefore, forced to. (stupid carpool with their non-existent sense of music)

What the hell is it about Kelly Clarkson that makes her music get stuck in your head even though it makes you want to poke your eyes out? I had Breakaway in my head for a 2 hour exam before and I almost handed in my paper blank so I could leave and get something else in there.

I think she has special powers. She is the devil

Disclaimer: I do not like Kelly Clarkson or own any of her CD's. I only hear her stuff when I am in someone elses car and, therefore, forced to. (stupid carpool with their non-existent sense of music)

What the hell is it about Kelly Clarkson that makes her music get stuck in your head even though it makes you want to poke your eyes out? I had Breakaway in my head for a 2 hour exam before and I almost handed in my paper blank so I could leave and get something else in there.

I think she has special powers. She is the devil

marketing and standard pop formula

Disclaimer: I do not like Kelly Clarkson or own any of her CD's.  I only hear her stuff when I am in someone elses car and, therefore, forced to. (stupid carpool with their non-existent sense of music)

What the hell is it about Kelly Clarkson that makes her music get stuck in your head even though it makes you want to poke your eyes out?  I had Breakaway in my head for a 2 hour exam before and I almost handed in my paper blank so I could leave and get something else in there. 

I think she has special powers.  She is the devil

marketing and standard pop formula

Woo. Thanks. I was beginning to think I had been sleepwalking again and admiring Kelly Clarkson in the process.

Bitch - stay out of my head!

For me, the best albums are the ones that I bought for one song...then put in the closet when I got tired of the song.

It's later on when I'm cleaning out my closet that I listen to the album and realize that it's an incredible album.

For this question, I have to go with

Transistor Sound and Lighting Co.'s self titled

Anyone else who knows this band and album would probably agree with me that it is awesome. I have yet to hear the such original use of stereo from a group.

*anime smiling kitten* Super-Good!!!! *anime smiling kitten*

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

Radiohead - Kid A

Modest Mouse - Lonesome Crowded West, and Sad Sappy Sucker

Elliot Smith - Either/Or

Bright Eyes - Lifted...

most of these now, are some of my favorite albums

elliot smith- X/O

Radiohead- Kid A

Matthew Good- Avalanche and BM

Death cab for cutie- we have the facts but were voting yes

Limblifter- I/O

Strata- Strata

Wilco- Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

The Mars Volta- Deloused in the comatorium

Incubus- SCIENCE

thats all for now

Avalanche- Matt Good. i have to admit i wasn't much into his solo career at first, but Avalanche grew on me and now it's one of my favourites. all the other ones i liked immediately i think.

Morning View- Incubus