Crusader

Smashing Pumpkins To Reunite

People too often forget just how awesome the Pumpkins were in the early to mid nineties.

If the actual band comes back and Corgan doesn't just adopt the name, I'll be interested to hear what they come up with. Hopefully we'll get something similar in sound to Siamese Dream.

People too often forget just how awesome the Pumpkins were in the early to mid nineties.

If the actual band comes back and Corgan doesn't just adopt the name, I'll be interested to hear what they come up with. Hopefully we'll get something similar in sound to Siamese Dream.

what would be the point of that??! just go back and listen to siamese dream if you like it so much. to even think that a band can break up for 5 years, go on and do different things and then suddenly reform and be able to write songs that sound anything like they did in the past is crazy talk.

no matter they reunite again or not, all these years not being Pumpkins must have influenced the different members of the band, so I also think that after their solo experiences, it would be very hard to keep exactly the same sound and characteristics the Pumpkins had in 90s...

i would LOVE though to see them playing again and discover what new things they could offer their fans ;)

hmmm- Corgan is a has been who almost was a "never-was". and Iha is with a much more talented vocalist.

Man I hope you're joking. I think Iha's voice is so weak. Have you heard his solo album? That said, if you are a fan, I can send it to you. It's not my bag, but maybe you'd appreciate it. Out of his tunes, I really only dug "The Boy" and "The Bells".

Anyways, to the topic at hand. Iha would probably not join the band ever again. He was kind of disinterested towards the end, and according to Corgan (no bias there...) he really wasn't involved with the band.

If the band did get back together it would probably be nothing more than an empty shell. I would still want to hear new stuff from them, but I fear it would not be...good.

Their last album, Machina, dropped the ball pretty bad. They could've just edited parts I and II into one awesome album, rather than trying to get Billy's (at times) incoherent story across.

And lastly, I liked Corgan's solo album.

let's give them a "chance" to see what they would be able to do together again as the Smashing Pumpkins (whoever would be in the band again), maybe they disappoint fans, maybe they surprise us... don't know, just know that i would love to hear new songs again to see what they would be able to "produce" as a band

billy corgan was on letterman the other night and i actually liked the song he did but i have no idea what it was called.

smashing pumpkins used to be so cool. OMG MAYBE THEY WILL DO ANOTHER GISH LOLZ!!11!!!

for clarification's sake, I'd rather they take a step backward and embrace a simpler rock sound a la siamese dream, rather than the whiny industrial rock direction Corgan's been heading (and the pumpkins were beginning to head to late in their existence).

i haven't heard the new album.

and a reunion would be either really sweet, or really suck.

as for new sound vs. old sound, well...

do you just want rehash? or do you want new direction?

that's an argument that'll never end.

i happen to like newer directions that music takes. everything has it's own validity. if you want something you've already got (another siamese dream) just listen to siamese dream. or live versions of the songs. or the old demos. or something.

it's all great, to me. maybe you have a preference. we all do.