Grizz1983

Earnhardt Gee-tar

Just browsing the sonic 102.9 site, and I came across this pic of the Foo Fighters in T.O.

7.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, that is the Gibson Dale Earnhardt Jr. guitar that both Grohl and Matt received from Dale, isn't it?

Cheers,

Grizz

Kids, that ain't a regular les paul.

The top of the body is flat, not carved like the regular top-of-the-line les pauls. Probably one of the cheaper models that gibson puts out. Meaning that my guitar would definitely be worth more than it, especially if it were spray painted over.

The top of the body is flat, not carved like the regular top-of-the-line les pauls. Probably one of the cheaper models that gibson puts out. Meaning that my guitar would definitely be worth more than it, especially if it were spray painted over.

actually. just that picture alone makes it worth more than yours.... simple because you arent dave grohl.

sorry chief.

;)

True that.

You really have to spend quite a bit of money to get a good Gibson... their quality control is just abyssmal these days.

The cheap Gibsons these days are even worse than Epiphones. The expensive, custom-shop ones are still great... but everything else is really going down the tubes.

Plus all Gibson's suing-everybody tactics really arent making many friends in the industry. They're really losing their market share to Asian imports recently.

The top of the body is flat, not carved like the regular top-of-the-line les pauls.  Probably one of the cheaper models that gibson puts out.  Meaning that my guitar would definitely be worth more than it, especially if it were spray painted over.

;)

True that.

You really have to spend quite a bit of money to get a good Gibson... their quality control is just abyssmal these days.

The cheap Gibsons these days are even worse than Epiphones. The expensive, custom-shop ones are still great... but everything else is really going down the tubes.

Plus all Gibson's suing-everybody tactics really arent making many friends in the industry. They're really losing their market share to Asian imports recently.

Yeah, my Schecter C-1 is made in Korea, and having played many, many guitars in the search for it, I can honestly say that it feels better than any guitar under 1500 bucks, and it costs only half that. Even those made-in-america fender strats feel shit compared to my baby.

And I can't believe they actually sued PRS over their singlecut design, and had those models taken off the shelves. They should try making a guitar that's good enough to buy over someone else's than suing the competition out of existence.

yeah, gibson's getting pretty fucking stupid. if fender went and sued everyone too, well... there'd only be basically two major manufacturers, since a lot of designs are strat or les paul variations.

i think gibson should quit bitching about everything else and just focus on making high quality instruments, because, in the end, that's what sells. not whining about how guitars look the same.