HoboFactory

Rammstein To Release A New Album

From the official site:

Good news: Rammstein are currently working on a successor, which will presumably be called "Reise, Reise (Vol.2)" The management's statement was: "After the production period of the last album, there were many songs which did not find a place on "Reise, Reise" due to dramaturgical reason but are now completed. This is not unusual. As "Ohne Dich" derived from the production of "Mutter", many songs have been sitting to be completed for a year and shall now come to light. Which songs remains to be seen and is up to the band only." A co-worker of the record company remembers: "When we were introduced to the tracks of "Reise, Reise", many fascinating songs were among them, which were suddenly missing on the album. Among others I remember one song, which we all believed to bet he first single of the album. The song was "Rosenrot" and when we had to realize that the band changed their minds and it did not even make it on to the album, we were speechless. The album was perfect nevertheless, but their enormous self-confidence surprised us. Ever since, we hope to see some of the songs from back then released and I am happy that the band could agree on that." During Rammstein's short stop at a studio in Berlin, apparently 2 - 3 additional songs were recorded. The mixing session of the album, which is supposed to be released this fall, already began.

Good news indeed.

what the hell is a dramaturgical reason?

EDIT: But yes, this is good news. Hopefully it will be better than Reise, Reise.

Edited by insober

Unofortunately nobody here probably attended the Wulheide (where Live Aus Berlin was filmed a few years ago) where they performed once again this week. They played one of the new songs, called "Benzin." Only crappy low-quality mp3 and video bootlegs are floating around the internet.

P.S. on an interesting note, dramaturgical as it turns out is a real word, not some sorta odd translation issue.

P.S. on an interesting note, dramaturgical as it turns out is a real word, not some sorta odd translation issue.

Oh yeah, i know it's a word, it's just that i have no idea what a dramaturgical reason would be.

Ah, a sequel to "heil Hitler", at last. That was a good album.... the one where Nazi Germany took over most of Europe before they were finally defeated by Allied forces.... a masterpiece indeed.

You don't like Rammstein I presume.

Ah, a sequel to "heil Hitler", at last. That was a good album.... the one where Nazi Germany took over most of Europe before they were finally defeated by Allied forces.... a masterpiece indeed.

You don't like Rammstein I presume.

yes, i had the same impression with your sentence, maverick...

Universal has but up a tracklist, but it's subject to change.

BENZIN (Benzene)

MANN GEGEN MANN (Man Against Man)

ROSENROT (Rose Red)

SPRING (Jump)

WO BIST DU (Who Are You)

STIRB NICHT VOR MIR [FEAT. SHARLEEN SPITERI](Don't Die Before Me)

ZERST

Strange, almost everybody is complaining about how simular al the songs of Nickelback sound, but yet most of you are excited about the new Ramstein album.

I don't think they are very diverse and have good lyrics.

Well that's where you'd be wrong. Nickelback quite literally has been known to recycle old tunes to make "new" ones. Rammstein's style and lyrics are indeed quite varied, while they're most known for heavy industrial music, they've got quite a few soft ballads, songs in folk-western style as heard in "Wilder Wein (Live Aus Berlin)" or "Los." The differences in the overall style between their albums are quite apparent to anyone who gives it all a good listen. Their music actually evolves unlike Nickelback. As for lyrics, they do vary. Alotta people seem to only notice the explicit eroticism they seem to sing a lot about, but there's a great deal more to it than just that; but the rhyme, play on words, etc are pretty difficult to appreciate without understanding it exactly as it is sung.