5ilent Narcotic

The Offical Unoffical Live Song Petition

I signed it just in case it's not. Does anyone think Matt gives a shit what we want him to play?

If you mean people on this board and boards like this, no. Nor should he. Otherwise he'd be playing all those old demos on tour.

that's pretty pathetic, man.

i've never even seen him live. so yeah.

Please explain to me how it is pathetic, please bare in mind I did not create the petition, however after seeing Matt 9 times live, I do support it even though I have a fan, my stand point is not cut it completetly and never play it again, but like other songs, not playing it once and awhile would be cool.

I personally believe and think he would not like to be remembered for one song.

Yeah, but i would think that there is some unwritten rule that an artist has to play a big song during a show. He pretty much has to play either Apparitions or Hello Time Bomb. I would think that's the reason why both songs are drastically different, when performed live.

Baring in mind that he doesn't recall how to play 90% of the songs before 1999, myself and others are not looking for demos, but more variety from AOB and even some more Avalanche material, because the likelyhood is higher, A. because he remembers and B. with the release of the G.H. he is moving away from the first part of his life which means he may give up on some of these songs all together, if anything we are trying to promote the fact that his fan base understands he has more substance in his work.

I'm hoping to see Matt play at Klondike Days next month, and I'm actually looking forward to Hello Time Bomb. It's an awesome song. I'll actually be disappointed if he doesn't play it. I'd still leave amazed and happy, but HTB is so energetic and it was the first song that got me into MGB.

I've seen Matt play in Southern Alberta 11 times. At every single one of those shows, he's played Hello Time Bomb. At 99% of them, we've gotten Apparitions (the 1% where it wasn't played it still appeared on the set list, but an accident prevented the set from being completed). These are the big "hits" and are necessary in order to attract the fans who show up because they recognize a song from the radio.

I don't mind them, because there's so much energy in the crowd when they're played, and it's one of the few cases where every single person in the audience can usually sing along. But the petition has a point, and since Matt has reached this point in his career where he's doing his "so far so good" type album, and looking back to reflect on his past, the petition has some relevance. I don't think Matt will seriously take it into consideration, but adding your name to something you agree with can't do any harm either.

So when he plays HTB at Klondike Days, I'll cheer and sing along with the crowd...but when he breaks out into an acoustic rendition of Prime Time Deliverance, I'll stare at the stage in shock for a minute, and then remember how it felt the *first* time I heard him play HTB, and the event will be that much more special.

Yeah, but i would think that there is some unwritten rule that an artist has to play a big song during a show. He pretty much has to play either Apparitions or Hello Time Bomb. I would think that's the reason why both songs are drastically different, when performed live.

not necessarily...bands like Radiohead, and the Pumpkins (back in the day) never like playing their big "hit" old songs live. Like with "creep" with Radiohead. You don't have to play those type of songs just to please the people who are somewhat fans... if you wanted to hear songs like Creep, then you should have gone to see them back in 94.. just like with HTB, ... Matt shouldn't have to play it just to please half the audience who is there playing semi-attention.

Guest jjazz

Hello Time Bomb, single, hit, or not, will always be awesome when played live. I'd like to think that's one reason why he does play it. Apparitions is amazing when he's up there solo with the acoustic, so whatever.

On every new tour he usually changes up the setlist a bit. He usually has new stuff to play. Of course there's going to be some repetition.

Baring in mind that he doesn't recall how to play 90% of the songs before 1999...

what are you, his fucking phsychologist?

What if he is.

Man some people on this forum just simply have no brain cells left.

... then another matt good mystery would be solved.

as for brain cells, why dont you go huff some gasoline with your parents.

I think he should play all his music at every concert. Everything except HTB and Apparitions that is.

The truth is all us hardcore fans have so many favorites that we want to see/hear him play live. It's the one's that he doesn't play regularely that we want to hear and causes us to go so far to write (or sign) a petition that I'm sure Matt doesn't care about or will never see.

If he plays HTB and Apparitions for the audience, who knows, maybe a list from fans could lead him to add a certain song to the list. Probably not though.

I'd deffinatly miss HTB if he didn't play it. I love the slower version (at the end of the song) that he plays live.