sodamntired

Any Matt Good Songs Give You Chills?

born to kill-the way he sings the second 'more than the less...', and the intensity into the sudden stop

tripoli

workers...

the rat who would be king

i miss new wave

suburbia

avalanche

house of smoke and mirrors

under the influence, when he sings 'used too', the way he sings to is amazing

i've never heard coming out in purple.

Consider yourself the luckiest Matthew Good fan on the face of the Earth. Seriously, what the HELL was that song? Bon Tempo i can accept, for experimental reasons. But Coming out in Purple is worse than... Britney Spears covering I love Rock and Roll.

*sigh* Sometimes i wonder about that boy...

Coming out in Purple was fantastic.

i enjoyed it.

it was just so fucked, that it was delightful.

i hated it the first few times i heard it and then i didn't listen to it for a month and when i listened to it again i thought it was great and then i was really ecstatic and actually i just wanted to say ecstatic.

I have a hard time spelling that. Even when it's used in its proper spelling on message boards.

I'm cursed to speak about the word in vague references like "that" "the word" and "kinda like ecstacy"

the most emotional part of any matthew good/mgb song to me is at the end of sort of a protest song where matt's like "our lives in these empty spaces aside"

Totally agree. This moved me enough to join the board just so I could say that I agreed. ;)

Also:

(pink bunny suits, sourcherry lipstick)

(we're ruthless/cunning, heir to it all)

(how come they're feeling so terrible...)

(how can you love Jove, Drusilla?)

(when the bus stops/rain drops...break it again!)

and many more...

All of Audio Of Being gets me, everytime. I first listened to it during a really rough time, so now when i listen to it, I get all those feelings back and it's so emotional and brilliant.

The few that stand out:

-The rat who would be king

-Under the influence

-Advertising on police cars

-The fall of man

-Truffle pigs

Edited by Katastrophina

All Together

I Miss New Wave

She's Got A New Disguise - for what it means to me

The Man From Harold Wood -random one but yeah

Flight Recorder From Viking 7 -The "where have you gone?" and the song makes you just feel like you are drifting in the endlessness of space

The Fine Art of Falling Apart - Safe to say most of Loser Anthems has that chill effect on me

The Rat Who Would Be King

Fated

I know that whenever I listen to I Miss New Wave and the part right after he sings about driving to LA comes on, I get chills.

Same goes for Suburbia when the music just ends suddenly and you are left with the tone playing.

Does this happen to anyone else, or am I in early stages of some form of cancer?

And by Suburbia, you mean Born to Kill?

Furthermore, A Boy and His Machine Gun scares the living shit out of me at the very end where he keeps saying "Crazy" and there are those ever freaky straw sucking sounds and wind chimes. FUCK THAT.

Edited by Maverick

I know that whenever I listen to I Miss New Wave and the part right after he sings about driving to LA comes on, I get chills.

Same goes for Suburbia when the music just ends suddenly and you are left with the tone playing.

Does this happen to anyone else, or am I in early stages of some form of cancer?

And by Suburbia, you mean Born to Kill?

Furthermore, A Boy and His Machine Gun scares the living shit out of me at the very end where he keeps saying "Crazy" and there are those ever freaky straw sucking sounds and wind chimes. FUCK THAT.

whooooooops

you're right.

my bad.

Suburbia.. in the car.. blasted way up with the bass.. at night with a lot of gangsters standing at the corner when youre at a redlight.. that's AWESOME. they always look at you like "oh shit it's some 'im gonna shoot up the school' kid" or something

so many, i've cried to some too.

truffle pigs, sort of a protest song, house of smoke and mirrors, prime time deliverance, fated. strange days and apparitions, of course.

Edited by pennies

The Fine Art of Falling Apart - The lyrics for that song make it for me, and the tone of Matt's voice.

The Fall of Man always gets me too, and I can't forget Flight Recorder from Viking 7; it really "feels" like space.

Edited by MarcTheBored