guitarchick

Fav Matthew good song

it is an added background sound in the song where it sounds like whale singing. like, the scream of a whale. gotta listen fairly closely to the background.

crusader, that's the one ("a squirrel finds a nut...") and i also think that the sound in the background is like a whale... OH GOD... i love this song!!! I JUST LOVE IT ;) and what about his voice??? with all those "register changes" (I just made up this word in English, don't even know if it exists, just translated literally from Spanish), with those ups and downs in his voice... and the different moments in the song: some pretty pretty soft and tender and others with such strength...

i think no matter which other songs from MG I listen to, this one will always be my favorite one

u guys are sooo lost, its totally "We're So HeavY" that is my favourite.

i wonder how many ppl are listening to the new cd while posting here ;)

I've heard a few of the songs!!!(not all...but still!) ;)

okay... i agree "we're so heavy" is awesome, its got this catchy beat that picks up and slows down, kinda neat really.

But empty road is so full of emotion and what not. I guess i can say that it reminds me of how i feel during some rough times and and how you gotta try and deal with it.

:angry: "All i know is empty roads ... what keeps me looking for a place in your heart, is all i know". :angry:

i like it a lot too, very much in the line of the other rocky songs... but i don't like it as much as the other ones ;) my four-song ranking goes as follows:

1. we're so heavy

2. little terror

3. buffalo seven

4. blue skies...

Love them all, but...

Dancing Invisible, Flight Recorder From Viking 7, Strange Days, Blue Skies Over Bad Lands, As Long As You're Mine, Near Fantastica (Acoustic), Life Beyond the Minimum Safe Distance, Last of the Ghetto Astronauts, Jenni's Song, Rico...

Um... yeah. I can't name them all, so I'll stop there, even though there are many more I love.

Ok, I am of the unlucky who have never heard the pre-MGB stuf (ARGH! AH! I've been trying to track it down for years!), but I'll list 2 favorite songs from each album, because I'm indecisive like that.

LOTGA: Fearless and Haven't Slept in Years

Underdogs: The Inescapable Us and Change of Season

Beautiful Midnight: Ah, so hard. Jenni's Song and Suburbia

AOB: The Rat Who Would Be King and Under the Influence

Avalance: Bright End of Nowhere and Song for the Girl

And I really love all of Loser Anthems. Seriously. Even My Life as a Circus Clown, a song which I have never met a person who liked it.

Edited by KatOuz