Dan #2

What Ever Happened To Serial Joe?

I remember Serial Joe! They had that video with the guy in a coffin.. and I remember he got came up with his name when his sister was eating cereal. Yeah.

EDIT: Heh, Serial Joe

10035029.jpg

I think they were heartthrobs...

Edited by Katastrophina

...and I remember he got came up with his name when his sister was eating cereal. Yeah.

Actually, Katastrophina, you're wrong. Thanks to a fan site: Addicted to noise: Serial Joe. Below are some little known facts about a little known band that shared the same billing in Edgefest 99 with the Matthew Good Band.

Where did they get the name Serial Joe from?

There was this guy named "Sergio" who lived near them but this little girl couldn't pronounce his name so she called him Serial Joe .

Did you know?

Serial Joes' first ever show in the States was the popular Woodstock '99 festival!

How do they feel when compaired to Silverchair?

They love Silverchair and if anything it's a huge compliment !

Almost all of SJ's songs sound angry. What are they writing about?

Ryan : "These songs were all written at different times, about different feelings." ... "That's the way we write our music; it's fun to us. It's not like we hate the world, it's just the way we like our music to sound."

pic6.jpg

The Beatles they werent.

That interview is the funniest thing i've ever heard. That picture is the funniest thing i've ever seen.

Their cd in my collection is the saddest thing i've ever known. But i want you all to know that it was an unwanted gift, and i only listened to it once.

Don't judge me.

...and I remember he got came up with his name when his sister was eating cereal. Yeah.

Actually, Katastrophina, you're wrong.

Where did they get the name Serial Joe from?

There was this guy named "Sergio" who lived near them but this little girl couldn't pronounce his name so she called him Serial Joe .

;) Huh. Where did I get that whore "cereal" theory from? Hit List?

I remember seeing Serial Joe's first video on MuchMusic and thinking "god, they're such posers". It was for some skate/quasi-rock-rap song, and it was the 14-year olds of Serial Joe, a bunch of their 12 year old friends, and someone's older sister thrown in for sexual suggestion. Fuckin' weak, dude.

I remember seeing them back in the day opon for some band @ the warehaus in Toronto. I laughed when clear plastic barriers were set up around the drumstick, thinking back to how many bottles rained down upon thier set when they played the sidestage. I give them credit only for sticking it out as long as they have. Whatever marketing team they had defintely faught well, for such and uphill battle.

heh, 'little rage against the machine' was an unwarranted parallel I recall being used.

and yeah I own thier album as well. '98 was a good year and a bad year.

;)  Huh. Where did I get that whore "cereal" theory from? Hit List?

oh god i remember hit list... it's all coming back to me now

Motherfuckin' Tarzan Dan~!

I too, remember Serial Joe, unfortunately.

Its all a mistake!!1

hahah serial joe, okay when i saw the name i was thinking about a big rapper but then i saw the picture and i totally remember serial joe. i think they were on a big shiny tunes cd back in the day.

Haha, yes. Their song "Mistake" was on Big Shiny Tunes 4.

I used to have that CD but it broke. I miss it, but not for that particular track. My Big Shiny 90's CD also broke. What the hell does MuchMusic make their CD's out of? Cardboard?