haha I was at the Barrie show!

I was the ONLY brown person in a sea of white people.

but it was AWESOME. everyone was booing when celine

dion was announced.. and her facial expression was :S..

I'm not sure if she and those in Las Vegas had a live

feed from our show or not, but I hope they did. It was

hilarious.

Were all the bands/artists from Barrie shown on TV?

Ya i think so, sometimes they would cut out to big acts in other cities, but for the most part they stayed in Barrie. Oh i wish i could have taped just that part when the crowd booed Mrs. Dion. I hope you were booing as well Mr. NationofCool!

I watched it, it was pretty sweet at times...Pink Floyd was great, and I don't even really like them. And of course Paul McCartney! Yay!

Keep on Rocking in the Free World was cool, especially when I saw Neil and Gord Downie belting out a verse together!

Overall, I liked it.

I was praying that Gordon Lightfoot and Neil Young didn't die [heat et al.] on stage due to their health being a bit shoddy as of late. Thankfully they didn't die and their preformances were spectacular.

if you kids want videos from the concerts (all of them), feel free to drop by this place:

http://www.sonician.com/live8/list.html

(note: be kind and download the videos to your computer first, and THEN watch them. not visa versa.)

thanx a lot! ;) i've downloaded the MP3s from the Internet but I didnt know how to get the videos

I would have watched it had they showed more of the London performances, solely for the musical content. Come on, CTV didn't even so much as show Pink Floyd's entire set.

I also would have liked to have seen more of Paul McCartney and The Who.

Overall, though, I didn't watch it. I think it's crassly commercial and most of the artists within are only there for the cheap publicity / making themselves look good. I mean, when was the last time that Simple Plan gave a rat's ass about anything but themselves?

Ya i think so, sometimes they would cut out to big acts in other cities, but for the most part they stayed in Barrie. Oh i wish i could have taped just that part when the crowd booed Mrs. Dion. I hope you were booing as well Mr. NationofCool!

I Was SCREAMING boo as loud as I could.. while laughing.. it was soo funny because Tom Green and Dan Akroyd (sp?) had no idea what to do.. they were so panicky. Then Dan was like "now now.. we dont boo celine.. we boo the fact she cant be here.." or something like that.