who here are fans of anything space rock???! when i say that, the term encompasses or connotes genres like dream pop, shoegaze or anything that can be described by the words "swirling guitars" or "atmospheric".

im talkin about bands like failure, cave in (jupiter era), autolux, my bloody valentine, spacemen 3, slowdive, etc etc. i guess bands like mogwai and godspeed... can be included as well... im missing a ton, but you get the picture. fans? anyone?

if fantastic planet had 12 songs, it would be quite good. it does not, however.

exactly, it drags on and on and on and all the songs sound the same after awhile. i don't hate them, and i don't think they suck, though.

and hula, you would have heard people rave about them if you had ever spent time at an apc board. i don't advise it, really.

"Space rock" seems like a really dumb name for a genre, but still, I like Failure, 30STM, and Godspeed...

it's as silly as any other genre name ever.

Not really.

oh come on... all genre titles are so vague and dont end up describing anything whatsoever.

rock sure sounds like rock doesnt it?

"Space rock" seems like a really dumb name for a genre, but still, I like Failure, 30STM, and Godspeed...

it's as silly as any other genre name ever.

Not really.

oh come on... all genre titles are so vague and dont end up describing anything whatsoever.

rock sure sounds like rock doesnt it?

Well sometimes a genre title will at least clue you in as to the time period when it was the dominant form of rock.