Just try to get people to agree on what goes where.

well its the same case now with any genre.

case in point: both pearl jam and nirvana should not be in the same musical genre.

and to add to that, should soundgarden and alice in chains also be in said genre? no sir, no they should not.

i will arrange for someone else to have final say in the event of my death.

case in point: both pearl jam and nirvana should not be in the same musical genre.

and to add to that, should soundgarden and alice in chains also be in said genre? no sir, no they should not.

yes they should. that specific genre is based on an entire scene. location, decade, and influence are all the same.

yes they should. that specific genre is based on an entire scene. location, decade, and influence are all the same.

interesting theory but since nirvana was influenced more by punk bands and soundgarden was influenced more by sabbath and zeppelin i'm gonna have to say the influence point is shit. unless.. no, it's still shit.

well aside from nirvana being a subpop band, they were hardly part of the scene.

although, i suppose you could relate them to mudhoney who were an influence, who are closely tied to pearl jam.

EDIT:

see this is what happened to space rock in the early 90s anyway, it was overshadowed by grunge. goddamn it.

Edited by borntohula

interesting theory but since nirvana was influenced more by punk bands and soundgarden was influenced more by sabbath and zeppelin i'm gonna have to say the influence point is shit. unless.. no, it's still shit.

not influenced by; influence to.

because that scene changed music for an entire decade.. and even still. the only thing that will encapsulate such a massive trend like that is to seperate it from the mainstream and give it a title. grunge isn't so much a genre anymore as it is a place in music history. it stopped an entire decade of musical wankery and flamboyance dead in its tracks and left a wake of influence and comparisons when it ended.

if fantastic planet had 12 songs, it would be quite good. it does not, however.

exactly, it drags on and on and on and all the songs sound the same after awhile. i don't hate them, and i don't think they suck, though.

and hula, you would have heard people rave about them if you had ever spent time at an apc board. i don't advise it, really.

you both might think "comfort" is a better album then. although, it's harder to come by.