Nodin

Flashdance Ii On The Radio?

Hey guys... I just wanted to bring something to the attention to the Bored which might be of some interest. The other day, at precisely 4:30 am, I awoke to the sounds of Flashdance II out of my clock radio. Does this strike anyone else as being odd? It just seemed incredibly strange to me that the station would play a non-single... let alone an actual B-side. Actually, I think the stranger thing is that at the same time, every morning like clockwork, a Matt Good (Band) single is played - and it seems to be different every time.

(Hm, sorry, that should've been Flashdance II.)

Edited by Nodin

Yeah, Flashdance II was a radio single.

I remember it being released in April-May 2001.

It made it to #10 on Edge102's top 30.

So it definitely was not a "non-single" at least radio-wise.

Edge played it almost everyday actually, and they played the internet version.. with "the man from harold wood" attached to it.

Edited by NationofCool

Yes in summer of 2001 they played it on 92.7 in Sudbury a ton of times. It was played a lot on small town radio stations back then. Wow I can't believe that was 4 years ago.

Edited by Circum

Cmon you guys, he put an entire tour behind that EP release.

It was the only radio release off of that EP, the tour as I recall was fantastic, I happened to catch the birthday show in Calgary. Musically it was one of the best I've seen, but on a personal level it sucked for other reasons.

Anyway, cheers

D

i was at that birthday show too! what do you remember from it? i'd love to re-visit it. i recall the torching of the sugar jones cd. an awesome version of suburbia with matt wearing sunglasses. and the mechanical bull!

Oh man, I forgot about the bull! I remember the dancers, the people pulled on stage to play playstation and some idiots in the washroom halfway through the show saying how the show was lame cause it was too mellow.

Still one of the best shows I've seen him put on.

D