pennies

Fond Good Moments

so it sounds like a lot of people here have seen good shows. i was just wondering if you wanted to revel in the glory of it all. here i'll start (say what concert)

i went to his show at the Kool Haus in November of 2004 and it was the best thing i've seen since sliced anything. he was playing with Limblifter and Melissa Auf der Maur both of which were great but by the time Matt came on we were really ready. He opened with Apparitions, ah the beauty.

so what i really remember is going home respecting matt so much more. he sounds better live than i've ever heard him on any recording, and that's an amazing thing right there these days. so firstly i respected him as a musician, and then as a person. there were these idiots crowdsurfing then crashing and falling on the floor during his acoustic songs and throughout and he got really fed up and started swearing at the crowd he actually said "grow the fuck up". he's up on stage still strumming, and yelling at these kids because he doesn't care if they stop listening to his music. at one point they were trying to get onto the stage and he actually backed away from his microphone, i felt so bad just because of how badly we were treating him. i don't see why he'd want to play another show here after that but the music was so beautiful none the less.

care to share?

i don't see why he'd want to play another show here after that but the music was so beautiful none the less.

because he makes quite a bit of money doing it. and sometimes its better to just play out the show and take home the bread.

every show i go to is definetly a wicked experience... mind you i always see him at the commodore, and hes been quoted as saying that its his favorite venue, so maybe he just goes harder than usual.

Edited by one_trick_pony

so it sounds like a lot of people here have seen good shows. i was just wondering if you wanted to revel in the glory of it all. here i'll start (say what concert)

i went to his show at the Kool Haus in November of 2004 and it was the best thing i've seen since sliced anything. he was playing with Limblifter and Melissa Auf der Maur both of which were great but by the time Matt came on we were really ready. He opened with Apparitions, ah the beauty.

so what i really remember is going home respecting matt so much more. he sounds better live than i've ever heard him on any recording, and that's an amazing thing right there these days. so firstly i respected him as a musician, and then as a person. there were these idiots crowdsurfing then crashing and falling on the floor during his acoustic songs and throughout and he got really fed up and started swearing at the crowd he actually said "grow the fuck up". he's up on stage still strumming, and yelling at these kids because he doesn't care if they stop listening to his music. at one point they were trying to get onto the stage and he actually backed away from his microphone, i felt so bad just because of how badly we were treating him. i don't see why he'd want to play another show here after that but the music was so beautiful none the less.

care to share?

that was october.. and yes, that was the best show i've ever seen.. i think you'll get that response from most of the people who were there

hahaha no way, yeah it was October. and i had made a post earlier trying to figure out what song he ended with, but i just googled it and found the setlist, "can't get shot in the back if you don't run" apparently.

The only MG concert I've been able to see was last June at Summer Vortex when he stopped playing to yell at the idiots who were moshing up front. It went pretty well after that, mainly because it was the last song (Hello Time Bomb) and a bunch of people left before the encore. It was a solid show and thankfully the moshers didn't ruin it. I could've seen him during the POYL tour, but had to play at a divisional band concert instead. That was a kick in the pants.

Luckily the concert he played at the Vogue in October of last year wasn't interrupted by any dicks. He did at one point stop and talk to a kid that was yelling something about seeing him on the street and apparently Matt told him to get a job. When he told Matt that he just started laughing cause I think he realized the kid must be high.....and yes he was!

Then there's the infamous shoe incident at ACF, wow was he ever pissed! I'm so glad he came back though cause he then started playing Buffalo Seven.

I wonder how many shows Matts been interrupted in in the course of his music career?

probably pretty much every show someone yells at matt and gets his attention

any show I've seen matt has had a tiny chat with someone in the crowd

except for way back in the day of late underdogs beautiful midnight touring....when they played to crowds of 5000+ around here

that was october.. and yes, that was the best show i've ever seen.. i think you'll get that response from most of the people who were there

I was there also, and yes it was a pretty damn good show.

My favourite though, would have to be when he came here while touring with the Dears, simply because it was the first time I saw him live.

best show ever was held in 2003 in kitchner, it was a stop off between toronto and some other concert, only 500 people, no one was being a dick at all cuase they were all older university students, a lot of songs from all different eras just fucking amazing

Saw him outside under as he called it, 'the "Big Top" in my home town playing to maybe 250 people, no assholes. It had to be 90 degrees that night. It was the first time I had seen him and I was blown away at how good, no pun intended, he sounded. He has a powerful voice and great range, sounding very close to studio. He had this skinny little dude playing guitar who was very good too I might add.There was an almost late 70's Floyd feel to some of the songs. We sure appreciate the fact he plays smaller venues like in Northern Ontario