pennies

Fond Good Moments

The only MG concert I've been able to see was last June at Summer Vortex when he stopped playing to yell at the idiots who were moshing up front. It went pretty well after that, mainly because it was the last song (Hello Time Bomb) and a bunch of people left before the encore. It was a solid show and thankfully the moshers didn't ruin it. I could've seen him during the POYL tour, but had to play at a divisional band concert instead. That was a kick in the pants.

Haha. Oh yes, the Summer Vortex concert. I was at the very front of the mosh pit and taking quite the shit kicking. I was so glad when Matt finally yelled at the crowd. I mean, I couldn't breath and I was about to get sliced in half by the security rope. It's pretty bad when the artist on stage has to provide crowd control. Most of the people there were drunk and only came to act like idiots, not to hear Matt Good sing. However, it was my first Matt Good concert so I was elated to be there anyways, enough if I woke up covered in bruises the next day.

But, it's a shame you missed the Put Out Your Lights tour. I'm sure many would agree it was his finest show in Winnipeg. It was, dare I say, almost "magical". The Burton (or should I say "Walker") was a perfect venue for the show and everyone who was there was there because they actually appreciated the music, and Matt appeared to be in a great mood. Plus is was awesome hearing some tunes off of AOB for the first time.

Guest jjazz

I was at that October 2004 show in Toronto, front row centre, rocking out the whole time.

Best concert I've ever been to. First time seeing Matt live as well.