1984 is one of my favourites, along with The Giver. If I had to pick a favourite, it would be the latter.

I'm reading Life of Pi now, I found it kind of boring until about half way through. At this point he is going insane. ^^

at last there is nothing left to say

and it's not just because i'm a matt good fan like everyone else here (granted, i never would've known about the book were it not for vbeing a fan). It's because it's just a great book, serving my tastes perfectly

another runner up book would be slaughterhouse-5

Everytime the topic the literature comes up anywhere, people mention Kurt Vonnegut. Haven't read a lot though. Read God Bless You Dr. Kevorkian a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty cool. I'm reading slaugterhouse five right now and I like it a lot so far.

breakfast of champions is pretty friggin' crazy. slaughterhouse is really quite convoluted... but that's vonnegut, for ya.

my favourite? i'm not sure, really. i like a lot of different stuff.

edit: i liked aldous huxley's brave new world more than 1984.

Edited by cavalier_eternal

at last there is nothing left to say

and it's not just because i'm a matt good fan like everyone else here (granted, i never would've known about the book were it not for vbeing a fan). It's because it's just a great book, serving my tastes perfectly

another runner up book would be slaughterhouse-5

Ditto that one.

i liked that too. has he come out with anything else? because i remember that being his first novel.

i also enjoyed the Catcher in the Rye i had a phase where i wanted to read classics, even though that's up for debate but whatever an american classic if you will. i think you either love it or hate it because a lot of people think it was trying too hard. it was sorta the rest book i read in that direction.

The Bible by God! Scary read on dark nights!

You mean The Bible by Men Pretending To Know God's Will? Then yes, yes it is scary.

My favourite book at the moment is The Stand by Stephen King. I'm a sucker for his books, even if they are rather formulaic.

There's a few books that I like a lot out there, so I don't exactly have a set favourite.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S. Thompson

Satan: His Psychotherapy and Cure by the Unfortunate Dr. Kassler, JSPS - Jeremy Levin

Slaughterhouse Five - Kurt Vonnegut

The Plague - Albert Camus

I just read this book called "Looking for Alaska" i mean i found it in the teen fiction section but it was great. and they mentioned some books i want to read like the general in his labyrinth, i tried to find it today. might be a new favourite for me.

i go to seek a Great Perhaps.