ccf23

American History X

AHX is amazing. Just how convincing both Edward Furlong and Norton are in the roles ther were given. It's amazing. To me I just got lost and almost forgot they were acting. It is the best movie I have ever seen. I want to see Fight Club but i'm not keeping my hopes up for it topping AHX. All movies should be that good.

yeah, FIght CLub better than American History X? HA! I'm sorry. I watched Fight Club once, and loved it on that whole "wow, i'm in high school and this is the deepest philosophy i've ever heard AND it has fight scenes!"....then watched it a year or two later, with the benefit of some university classes, a calming of the ego and hormones, and a greater appreciation for "cinema" (a tough concept, but look it up....) and I really didn't care for it.

But, that being said, to each his own.

If you want cheap philosophy then watch Donnie Darko or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Fight Club is a beyond amazing movie. To declass it as less than cinema is an insult. I really hope you weren't judging the movie on its anti-authority theme and were instead looking at its theories of self-fulfillment and male identity. If so and the movie was still not to your liking, understandable. But either way, it's clear that your definition of cinema needs a bit of reworking.

But the only two parts I don't like are the curb stomping scene and the ummm shower scene....oh god!

Those are the scenes that stood out the most to me. It was a great movie, I love how it played out how racist attitudes can form and change.

If you want cheap philosophy then watch Donnie Darko.

Donnie Darko is a great movie if you watch it to follow the characters, I love the characters in Donnie Darko, though I find the people calling it a 'philosophical' movie is ridiculous. It's a science-fiction tragedy for Christ

If you want cheap philosophy then watch Donnie Darko.

Donnie Darko is a great movie if you watch it to follow the characters, I love the characters in Donnie Darko, though I find the people calling it a 'philosophical' movie is ridiculous. It's a science-fiction tragedy for Christ

Guest jjazz

Sorry, but Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind sucked. Donnie Darko was good, and Fight CLub and American History X will forever be my favourite movies.

Ed Norton is amazing. Period.

Everyone on this forum has the attention span of a 5 year old, so after talking about on thing for a while......the topic slowly changes, and no one seems to know or care.

Thats why I love you guys so much!

Good shit....

It has nothing to do with the attention span of a 5 year old. A discussion will take the direction that it takes, regardless of the intention of the individual that began it. It's like a conversation, it goes where it goes.

Guest jjazz

Even though I'm just adding to the gayness of this now, why isn't it alright to let a discussion lead into whatever is mentioned and talked about, but it's ok to completely change the momentum of the thread by commenting on how it's not talking about the main topic?

Ooh, I said "momentum", I hope the thread doesn't take a turn for the worse if we start talking about Momento now.