Lately, I've been getting into Heinlein. Read Friday and I Will Fear No Evil, got J.O.B. and Stranger In A Strange land sitting around and waiting.

The influence of 1984 is obvious in both books I read, moreso in Fear No Evil. Both books seem to stem from some bizzare corner of Heinlein's mind likely connected to his subconcious desires to become a woman. Regardless, purring aside the fluff coming of woman tales in both books, the sci-fi stuff is good and some of the character interaction is decent.

Before that was Micheal C.'s Prey. Bad. Borrow it from the library.

Well, I just finished Choke by Chuck Palahniuk. That was messed up, yet very funny, in a twisted way. I got Diary for Christmas, but I'm not sure whether or not to wait on reading it.

Choke was the first novel I read by Chuck Palahniuk and it was messed up indeed. I finished reading Diary weeks ago and it too, is messed up.

Both were good reads though.

Ive been reading Fast Food Nation. For those who havent heard of it, its basically 300 pages slagging McDonalds and other fast food establishments on a variety of level. Some interesting stuff, some not.

Also, Douglas Coupland writes some good books. Im reading Microserfs which was written in 95. its good times.

I am almost done reading "the Da Vinci code". This book is mind blowing! I have never read something this good and informative in my life.

how can a work of fiction be "informative" unless you are studying the author's writing structure?

I am currently finishing Penny Dreadful by Will Christopher Baer and will then move to his next book,Hell's Half Acre.

Been trying to read Robert McNamara's In Retrospect as of late, pretty good book on the vietnam war. McNamara was the secretary of defense for the kennedy and johnson administrations.

P.S. Nobody ever read Obasan by Joy Kogowa. I had to read it for english, and damn did it suck.

Read The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

I've never read a book I couldn't put down until I came across this one.

i read that either last summer or the summer before, there's an amazing poem in there. i enjoyed it more the second time around.