c0micb0y

Annabelle

I'm kinda half and half with Annabelle. Like it isn't horrible, its got kinda that "lets just chill" sound to it. Not one of Matts best, but who really cares?

As for LOTGA, that has to be my 3rd fav album. It just couldn't beat Underdogs and BM!

Rico is a crappy song. Casual Walks is a crappy song. He's got some others.

Fearless is awesome, LOTGA is my fav MG/MGB album, and Annabelle has grown on me to become one of my fav songs.

And let the guy bitch. There's nothing wrong with not liking a MG song. We aren't here to lick Matt's ass 24/7. Thats what the MG's blog is for.

What do you people think about the pre-MGB stuff? I think its a little raw from time to time but some of the best Matt Good songs come from that period. Heather's like Sunday, Parable, Folk Singer, Waiting for the Great Destruction and easily one of my top 5 MG songs, Push.

The only horrible MG song that springs to mind is Its been awhile since I was your man. Bleh.

And just to weigh in, I think Annabelle was pretty good and better than 75% of what was on WLRRR.

I like some of his pre-MGB stuff. Granted some of its crap, but there's a lot of good stuff too. I liked it far better than Annabelle and his more recent songs.

With his shittier early stuff there was still salvagable parts to it. I find that the crap Matt releases now and days is so dumbed down from his earlier releases. Hopeless, Poor Man's Grey, and Lullaby for the New World Order all come to mind. Compare "I've a favor to ask, maybe this is a bad time

You know whenever you ask there's never a good time" to ANY lyric made during the MGB days. His more recent stuff dissapoints me. If it wasn't for tracks like Avalanche, HOSAM and Blue Skies Over Bad Lands i might be forced to give up on him. I just wish he would make more songs with substance. More songs with metaphors and less bland and shapeless commentary. I don't want to hear "From _____ to ______" a million times in a song. He's better than that. His music has always been great and remains so. But his lyrics need an overhaul.

Ya I have to agree with Static. Matts better than that. I'm not to impressed about some of his singles either. IAWCC and Its Been A While...... are not songs that you release as singles! I think that Matt should just go back to the basics, instead of trying to spice it up.....but do you think Matt gives a fuck about what we think? Nope, he'll do what he wants, and thats what I admire about him!

Most of his pre-MGB shit is great. The Bombmaker is my fav song out of all of them. There are some like Coming Out in Purple that make me laugh just cause you know he was dicking around...good shit!

If we where all here to agree and give digital blowjobs, we'd all be hollow people, wouldn't we?

Or at least, we'd be more hollow.

well put..

Thank you, I am quite frankly, fucking eloquent.

I like some of his pre-MGB stuff. Granted some of its crap, but there's a lot of good stuff too. I liked it far better than Annabelle and his more recent songs.

With his shittier early stuff there was still salvagable parts to it. I find that the crap Matt releases now and days is so dumbed down from his earlier releases. Hopeless, Poor Man's Grey, and Lullaby for the New World Order all come to mind. Compare "I've a favor to ask, maybe this is a bad time

You know whenever you ask there's never a good time" to ANY lyric made during the MGB days. His more recent stuff dissapoints me. If it wasn't for tracks like Avalanche, HOSAM and Blue Skies Over Bad Lands i might be forced to give up on him. I just wish he would make more songs with substance. More songs with metaphors and less bland and shapeless commentary. I don't want to hear "From _____ to ______" a million times in a song. He's better than that. His music has always been great and remains so. But his lyrics need an overhaul.

These comments are idiotic. His lyrics need an overhaul? Listen to yourself...