Lauren

Karla

read the article here.

A controversial Hollywood-produced movie chronicling the crimes of Karla Homolka will have its premiere at the Montreal World Film Festival later this month.

The movie retells the story that most Canadians know well: how Homolka met husband Paul Bernardo and how the pair abducted, raped and murdered Ontario schoolgirls Leslie Mahaffy and Kristen French.

sounds interesting.

A lot of people are under the impression that because she was young and female, that she was manipulated by Bernardo. Personally i think it's a load of crap and that we're accountable for our own actions.

Still the movie might be good, even if it's a movie riding on controversy and media coverage unrelated to its own.

there is no doubt that she may have suffered from battered woman's syndrome (he did horrible things to her) but it wouldn't be enough to make her do the horrible things she did to other people.

I heard she manipulated him and was the mastermind herself.

And why does she require our pity?

Her sentence was a joke and it was called a "deal with the devil" for a reason. She's evil.

Yeah, yeah, I know she's got all these restrictions now and all that shit. If I had it my way she'd be behind bars for life.

i think the restrictions are more for her protection than they are a punishment. she is getting around the clock surviellence from the police, but i think it's so no one snipers her. once her year of probation is up, she won't be around long.

i think the restrictions are more for her protection than they are a punishment. she is getting around the clock surviellence from the police, but i think it's so no one snipers her. once her year of probation is up, she won't be around long.

That's pretty much how I see it too.

She can talk about never really being 'free', but she's out and living after 12 years while Bernardo's in there for life so I don't see anyone giving her any sympathy. Hell, even her own family didn't want to see her when she got out.

Anyways, that's off topic.

I knew it. Here comes Hollywood to cash in on the rape, torture and murder of three innocent girls. I won't be seeing this one. My sympathy goes out to the French and Mahaffey families. Talk about rubbing salt in their wounds.

This is the first I've heard of the 9/11 movie. I don't think its gonna get made for a LONG time. You can't even have the twin towers in movies that are completely unrelated.

As for Homolkas battered wife sydrom, what a load of crap. People take psychiatry way too far. People have to be accountable for their actions. Its like theres a psychiatric disorder that can get you off the hook for anything.

I don't have a direct link, but this was posted on another message board

Quote:

NEW YORK - Nearly four years after the collapse of the World Trade Center, Oscar-winning director Oliver Stone will direct a film based on the story of two police officers who were trapped in the rubble on Sept. 11, 2001.

Nicolas Cage, who won a best-actor Oscar for "Leaving Las Vegas," will star as Port Authority police Sgt. John McLoughlin. McLoughlin and fellow officer William J. Jimeno became trapped during rescue efforts after the collapse of the twin towers.

Paramount Pictures said the movie is expected to be released next year.

"It's a work of collective passion, a serious meditation on what happened and carries within a compassion that heals," Stone said in a statement Friday. "It's an exploration of heroism in our country - but it's international at the same time in its humanity."

Paramount said the film also will focus on the officers' rescuers and their families. McLoughlin and Jimeno are said to be the last two men rescued.

"I feel someone had to tell the story of the people who were in the Trade Center before and after it collapsed," McLoughlin said in a statement. "It needs to be told how this horrific tragedy brought Americans and the world together to help those in need."

While the star power of Stone and Cage will likely make the movie the most high profile film to tackle 9/11, it's not the first. Many independent films have turned their lens to downtown New York, and in the 2002 film "The Guys," Anthony LaPaglia played a fire captain who lost eight men in the towers' collapse.

Stone has won best-director Oscars for "Platoon" and "Born on the Fourth of July." He also has directed "Alexander," "Nixon," "JFK" and "Wall Street."

Screen credits for Cage include "Adaptation," "City of Angels" and "Moonstruck."

Source: Associated Press

yeah i reckon someone is going to pop her off...

the fact that she dragged her lil sister into the mess and killed her, is enough for me.

she's to blame just as much as he is and yes she signed her deal with the devil.

so now she should pay. she's lucky the police are giving her 24 watch dogs or else she'd be gone already and she knows it. and then she has the balls to go on Tv and whinge and bla bla bla bla. listen lady you're a murderer, end of story.

you know i believe in second chances, but not her. yes that's sort of hypocritical but ah well.

Cheers for his balls, but Oliver Stone had better be careful. He pissed off the right by including bisexuality in "alexander", he's pissing off the left because he's taking that out of the DVD release. My guess is that, if the movie gets made at all, it will be with a different director.

9/11 is still a very big sore spot here, let us hope he treads lightly.

Oliver Stone is always an iffy. He's capable of putting out both works of genius and pieces of crap. It's probably the cynic in me, but i'm confident that a 9/11 movie is going to turn into the latter.

he might do the movie well... people just might not recieve it well. it's a shame people can't appreciate a movie based on it's quality no matter what subject it's on. i can vey much imagine why this movie will be shot down immediately. i think it's too soon to be making anything controversial about 9/11.