Crusader

New Harry Potter Goblet Of Fire Trailer

I agree, Lauren, the first Harry Potter movie was just plain bad. I saw the second one and thought it was a minor improvement in directing.

I can't say much for the acting, but the directing in the first two movies was just plain awful. It was like a kid's movie trying to carry a someone adult (I use that term loosely) storyline.

EDIT: OMG harry looks fit.

Edited by ecnarf

I have to say I am looking forward to this movie. I have a feeling the action is going to be really good in this one. Goblet of Fire was the last HP book that I *really* enjoyed - Order of the Phoenix just seemed very drawn out to me, and I started Half-Blood Prince, but haven't picked it up again since, it just wasn't holding my attention. I'll have to give it another shot I guess...

The movies suck. Plain and simple. They fuck around with the story so it flows better. And i dont mean cut some parts out. I mean change the storyline or the flow of events. I can't STAND that. Prisoner of Azkaban was decent however, because even though it screwed with the story it did it in a concise and logical way. Plus the long dolly in during the "patronus across the lake" scene was really cool.

When i heard they were making Goblet of Fire only 2 hours long i gave up completly.

The movies suck. Plain and simple. They fuck around with the story so it flows better. And i dont mean cut some parts out. I mean change the storyline or the flow of events. I can't STAND that. Prisoner of Azkaban was decent however, because even though it screwed with the story it did it in a concise and logical way. Plus the long dolly in during the "patronus across the lake" scene was really cool.

When i heard they were making Goblet of Fire only 2 hours long i gave up completly.

thats the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

"dah, movies should be long boring and EXACTLY like the books" because that will work and be entertaing(/sarcasm)....Seriously, messing with the story so it slows better is a bad idea? of course they are going to do that. What did you expect? A 4 hour movie of Harry narrating his every though? common...

No what i expect is decent acting, a good director and a decent adapted script. Or rather that's what i would prefer. What i expect from Goblet of Fire is another candy coated piece of crap whose sole purpose is to entertain 8 year olds with dazzling special effects.

If you're going to argue that the Harry Potter movies are great, then this conversation is done.

yes it's a movie for kids but it's still fun. you have to agree that each movie got better. POA was heads and tails above the first two. it had so much more vision and scope. i look forward to GOF - it certainly helps that the actors are getting older and better as well.

ooh thanks itchy for posting that newer trailer. that's intense!

Edited by brandon

No what i expect is decent acting, a good director and a decent adapted script. Or rather that's what i would prefer. What i expect from Goblet of Fire is another candy coated piece of crap whose sole purpose is to entertain 8 year olds with dazzling special effects.

If you're going to argue that the Harry Potter movies are great, then this conversation is done.

You want to know why there is bad acting?

Because JK Rowling apparently demanded that, in order to keep the movie authentic, only British actors could be used. So they had massive tryouts and selected people based on their likeness to the characters in the book and then tried to get them to act.

You want to know why there is bad acting?

Because JK Rowling apparently demanded that, in order to keep the movie authentic, only British actors could be used. So they had massive tryouts and selected people based on their likeness to the characters in the book and then tried to get them to act.

that doesnt mean the acting will be bad, it just means that there is a smaller amount of people that could play the part.