hungte

Any artists who sound like MG that you know of?

I do think it is a question of marketing... such a great voice as Matt has would be as successful as any other artist (thinking of Coldplay, or The Verve, HIM, etc.) but the problem is that MG doesnt have such a great investment as all these bands have (at least in Europe)... i mean, for example, how the hell can The Darkness be so successful in Europe if his vocal singer doesnt sing, he just shouts? just because that band has a lot of marketing behind... and that's sad ;)

I'm wondering why he chose to put Annabelle up on the Amnesty site rather than something more mainstream that would attract a lot more fans. We obviously like his voice, but, and I hate to say it, maybe it doesn't appeal quite as much to other people? In an article his voice was described as "clinging to the edge of a cliff". I love it but just maybe some people don't love it as automatically.

Also maybe he doesn't want to be some huge star, maybe he's comfortable with his status now?

Edited by mg_forlife

probably Matt is not so concerned about getting too popular... he's just doing his job, what he likes and i guess that he may think that if people like what he does, people will buy his music and listen to it...

but at the same time, maybe there are not many Matt's fans because not many people know of his "existence" (and I'm talking from my experience in Spain where Matt is almost unknown by everybody)