i understand how people can dislike u2 but you can't deny they have been one of the most successful bands ever for a reason... everyone can connect with at least one u2 song.. and they wouldn't have been around for 25 years if they had so many haters..... i know what you mean tho, it seems like everyone i know hates nickleback yet they sell out arenas all over north america, strange

u2 has to be one of the bands that i hate the most with the exception of those bands that i think should be forcibly stopped (i.e. simple plan, good charlotte). i truly believe that the only reason that people buy into u2's music as much as they do is because of the attention and 'credibility' they get from Bono's political exploits. the thing that gets me even worse is that i really have a hard time buyin what bono's selling. i'm sure there has to be a lot of you out there that just don't believe that he is truly genuine in what he does, but rather does a lot for his personal benefit and image?

i love U2. Great band, great songs. Lately they have been a little annoying though. Have gone more mainstream, and started "selling-out". Seems they are interested in making "hit" songs rather than good songs. And they seem to be everywhere in the media.

People always hate music that is mainstream.

Their early stuff is amazing though.

I don't really have much of a problem with U2. Just Bono.

Theyre not my kind of music but i can deal with them. I just can't put up with mansion-dwelling bono's quest for righteousness in the 3rd world.

I don't consider U2 kickass. They're kind of like Metallica, had a few amazing early albums in the 80's, but now, their stuff is so generic.

this is true, but while i will agree their later work is shit, seriously, who can pull off War, The Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree in a row, three unreal records that shaped the sound and influenced so many bands today, Where The Streets Have No Name may be in the running for the greatest song ever written. (Though I like Bad more these days)