i'm indestructable

M. Good Vs. Regina?

I was looking around on inacoma.ca, and in the description of In A Coma (and Matthew Good in general), there was a part I didn't understand.

There's also been wild feuds with other bands, reporters, industry personnel and ENTIRE CITIES (REGINA).

What does this mean? And what other bands has Matt had a feud with besides OLP and his own?

He hated all of Nickelbacks "spawn" as well (Theory of a Deadman, Default).

I believe he stormed off the stage in Regina after people started throwing shit at him, so all the radio stations began trash talking him and refused to play his music.

people are shitheads sometimes. grrr.

i mean ...all the time.

Edited by AliceIntoThePavement

I was there before I moved to Toronto, it was at Regina's annual Buffalo Days in the summer of 2000 and probably at the height of MGB's popularity.

There was a rowdy drunk crowd of probably 10,000+ and it was a completely FREE show. Meaning, a few fans but mostly drunk kids with nothing better to do with their time. About 3/4 ways through the set someone pelted Matt in the mouth with a shoe. He finished the song and walked off, no one noticed the shoe pelting so we thought it was time for the encore.

Some time goes by then Dave comes out - and I'll never forget this - and I'm paraphrasing here,

"This is a message for all your prairie folk... throwing a shoe at the singer won't get you an encore" or something to that degree.

Anyway, he finished lecturing the crowd and that was it. As I walked away from the venue I had to endure 20 minutes of "FUCK MG! FUCK MG!" over and over again. Anyway, I knew that was likely the last time I'd see them in Regina or anywhere near. I don't think he even returned to Regina until the 2004 WLRRR tour.

I was there before I moved to Toronto, it was at Regina's annual Buffalo Days in the summer of 2000 and probably at the height of MGB's popularity. 

There was a rowdy drunk crowd of probably 10,000+ and it was a completely FREE show.  Meaning, a few fans but mostly drunk kids with nothing better to do with their time.  About 3/4 ways through the set someone pelted Matt in the mouth with a shoe.  He finished the song and walked off, no one noticed the shoe pelting so we thought it was time for the encore. 

Some time goes by then Dave comes out - and I'll never forget this - and I'm paraphrasing here,

"This is a message for all your prairie folk... throwing a shoe at the singer won't get you an encore"  or something to that degree. 

Anyway, he finished lecturing the crowd and that was it.  As I walked away from the venue I had to endure 20 minutes of "FUCK MG! FUCK MG!" over and over again.  Anyway, I knew that was likely the last time I'd see them in Regina or anywhere near.  I don't think he even returned to Regina until the 2004 WLRRR tour.

Man, that's awful. Why must some people act like animals is beyond me.

Edited by Janna

i'm sure it happens to all of them but matt's had some rough shows.... last october in toronto i experienced one of the biggest let downs ever at a live show when matt stopped in the middle of "can't get shot in the back" because of some idiots moshing... god i hated that... i also heard he got his teeth knocked out on his birthday show last year... anyone know of this?