lcpja

Avalanche vs. WLRRR

This is definately a tough one. I love the ochestrals in Avalanche. I love the climatic songs of WWWHR and avalanche. (the song) But with a climax, there must be a decline. And this is what i found. The first half is so different from the second.

WLRRR has no climatic song which i guess is good because the album stays on the same level through out. I find that i don't use the skip button. I love the basic raw RnR energy this album gives.

Although Avalanche (the song) and WWWHH are a few of my all ime fav MG songs, i'd have to say that WLRRR is an all around better album.

This is just my opinion....what's your's?

Two totally different sounds...I'll go with WLRRR, as it mixes great rock, which was minimally used in Avalanche, with some slow ballads, that permeated that album.

I like how WLRRR was consistent, all of the songs are great.

But i would prefer some of the songs in Avalanche :angry: (the orchestra did kick ass)

They were different cd's and i thank matt for that ;)

Consistency is good, but overconsistency gets boring.

Im betting his next album is going to be different too... its a law of physics (total entropy is reached when a system is left unattained). Anyways, i would choose WLRRR because it makes the heart melt.

that's the good thing: both albums are so diferent that we may have a great variety of songs: either the orchestral ones in Avalanche or the rockier ones in WLRRR... that's the good thing of a good band ;) being able to create such great songs in different times and in different albums... i love them, i love both albums, i love the different songs, i love the variety, i love the different feelings each song in each of the albums provokes in me...

How matt is able to create different moods and a variety of sounds is absolutely fantastic. That definately makes him a true artist.

I bet you my opinion on which album i like better will change in the future...i guess it depends on the mood i'm in. And how long since it's been since i listen to it...i just listened to BM for the first time in about 9 months, and it's probably my favorite right now. But that will change too.

changing some songs' likes happens to me, but no matter how many other songs i hear and how many other CDs i hear, I always have the same favorite ones: "The rat who would be king" as my favorite song and "Audio of being" as my favorite CD...

of course I can't assure that this will never change... who knows!! ;) right? but this are my likes so far...

I think everybody's mood and tastes change...Obviously Matt want's to express his different moods and tastes in music by creating such different, yet equally beautiful albums.

Hell even manufactured artist's like Britney Spears have different tastes and moods in her albums. I think that's the business...otherwise people would get bored.

Ya i've listened to WLRRR like everyday since it came out and i kind of got sick of it (i can't belive i just swore) so i started listening to BM. I'll eventually go back to faithfully listening to WLRRR especially if it's getting close to a concert.