lcpja

prove your a fanatic

I live in Spain and if i had the possibility - and the money, of course -, i would fly all the way to Canada to see Matt live and be able to talk to him...

maybe it sounds a bit stupid but i've done whatever possible all these years - and it's been hard, i can tell you - in order to get all his music with all the problems and impossibility of getting his music in Spain

haha, well i dont have many chances to show im a fanatic because i am a relatively "new" fan. My brother and friend introduced me to MGB. I didnt exactly appreciate him at first but learned quickly that it is the type of music i can listen to ;).

I guess this is as "crazy" as i have gotten... nearfantastica.com

it must be beautiful - and crazy at the same time - to have some of your time devoted to the forum, to create it, to work on it, to know that you are letting people express his/her opinions on MG and for us to show our "fanatism" for Matt ;)

yeah its pretty cool, as long as you guys like it!

Big thanks to crusader... who is the real Brain of the operation.

And we wanna keep expanding with your guys ideas.

So im interested... what kinda matt good fans do we have out here? What have you done?

you are letting people express his/her opinions on MG and for us to show our "fanatism" for Matt

And i must add that i enjoy this forum very much. Love the idea of the NF$.

;)

Back on topic...come on you crazy people lets hear it.

I slept in the back of a strangers car, spent the entier next day outside in the sun with no sunblock, food or water, then I almost blacked out twice while he was on stage and colapsed after he left the stage. Gotta love severe exhaustion and dehydration.

I slept in the back of a strangers car, spent the entier next day outside in the sun with no sunblock, food or water, then I almost blacked out twice while he was on stage and colapsed after he left the stage. Gotta love severe exhaustion and dehydration

yes definately crazy in my books.

I just said the "craziest" things I've done for Matt - or I'd do for Matt - I'm not in Canada to spend a whole day waitin for him outside somewhere, or after a concert trying to approach him and get to know him... in my possibilities, what i said is the craziest things I've done so far ;)

I guess since i started this topic i must my tell my crazy story...

....I was sitting in my University lecture, and after a little break we were going to start presentations. During the break i looked at my cell phone and noticed that my mother phoned. So i phoned her back and said that i got an email from Matt Good saying that i won a contest to attend the soundcheck and Meet Matt in Calgary. Well i go to school in Lethbridge which is about 2 hours south of Calgary. In order to attend i had to meet at "the Whiskey" (location of the concert) at 4pm. Well when i talked to my mom it was 1:45pm. So needless to say i ditched the presentation and went home and packed (cause i was staying at my brothers house). I made it right on time...with no speeding tickets.

The sucky part is that i spent hours and hours on a presentation just to receive 0%. I'm happy to report i passed the class (barely...the presentation was worth 17.5% of final grade.)

So i have no regrets whatsoever. I had to do it, because it was my first chance to meet Matt, and i didn't know when an opportunity like this would happen again.

GREAT JOB ;)

How did you get in this strangers car? were you hitch-hiking or something?

didnt you have money to buy the stuff you wanteD?

Some other people that were going to the same concert as me, it was a 3 day festival and I only had a daypass for Sunday, so I met them at the beach and they snuch me into the campground and let me sleep in their car.

by the way, the presentation one is great too

Edited by Hyphnip

This may not be considered crazy, and its also more of an expression of love for the music than for MG himself. But, I definatley know most people (who aren't fans) would think I was completley obsessed for doing this. A little while ago I was trying to decide what my absolute favorite MG/MGB song was so in order to make a choice I listened to every single song that I have (from LOTGA and on) and wrote a paragraph about what it is about each song that I like and then I rated them. When I was done I put them in order all the way down to number one and I am going to burn the top 20 onto a CD. Believe me, this took an incredibly long time since I have a habit of going on and on about music that I love, but it was totally fun and worth it because you get a different perspective and appreciation for the music when you sit down and focus on all the things that make a certain song special. And yes, it was incredibly hard to decide because there are so many diverse and amazing songs. So, it may not of been "crazy" since I didn't sleep in a strangers car, but I think it proves that I'm fanatical about the music.

wow that sounds amazingly... devoted.

You gotta spend a lot of time to do that and you have to have a great understanding of the music after that.

Would you care to give an example of the paragraphs?

And how about the rating of the top 20 ?

Well, once I was done I deleted the actual # that I rated the songs because that was just to kind of get an idea of which order they would eventually be in but I could list the top 20 songs if you want. I just have a feeling that everyone will be like "what about blank" and "how could you have left out blank" because there are too too many amazing songs.

it definetely shows you are a very devoted Matt's fan... I dont know if i would be patient enough to decide on the top 20 songs from him... each song has something special which makes me feel different things in different moments... i havent changed in my top number 1, but the rest? gosh, i dont know... sometimes i love a song which gets pretty close to top number 1 but other times, in a different mood, i start loving another one which steps over the previous one...

maybe i should do something like what you've done: write something about each song, what i like from it, what i don't like from it, in which moment i prefer to listen to certain song, what effect that song has on me, whether that effect is anytime i listen to that song or it is in a very specific moment...

dont know if i would be able to have all Matt's songs on a row and try to rank the top 20...

It is your opinion and we will try to keep people from asking why something is missing... it would be neat to see how you organized the songs... dont worry about people commenting.

... and each person feels different things with different songs... each person has his/her favorite songs (as each person has his/her favorite poems, his/her favorite books, movies, etc.)...

so don't worry about what other people may think... your top 20, loveisnotenough, is YOUR top 20

You are totally right juanpe. I kept changing my mind too and second guessing myself even up until right now, but in the end I just went with my gut reaction to each song. Oh and by the way, this was before WLR&RR so that's why none of those songs are on here, but if they were Blue Skies over Bad Lands and We're So Heavy would definalty be in here somewhere.

Okay here it is, my top 20:

20) A Boy And His Machine Gun

19) Prime Time Deliverance

18) Advertising On Police Cars

17) Let’s Get It On

16) Born To Kill

15) Near Fantastica

14) While We Were Hunting Rabbits

13) Everything Is Automatic

12) Life Beyond The Minimum Safe Distance

11) Haven’t Slept in Years

10) Alabama Motel Room

9) Avalanche

8) Change Of Season

7) Apparitions

6) The Inescapable Us

5) The Future Is X-rated

4) Failing The Rorschach Test

3) The Fine Art of Falling Apart

2) Running For Home

1) The Rat Who Would Be King

i coincide with you in many of your top 20 ;) not in others but, for example, top number 1 has always been (and it is still) the same as yours "the rat who would be king"... so far this is the only song that i always feel like listening no matter my mood and the feeling, the shivers down my spine, are always the same... *sigh* gosh, i love that song...

thanx for sharing with us your top 20

anytime i listen to that song i feel speechless, when i'm working on something i normally have music in the background and when i hear Matt singing that song i have to stop doing whatever i'm doing and listen to it, i dont even sing it aloud, i just move my mouth singing the song but without uttering any of the words in the song... just feeling it, just getting it inside me, just thinking of the words, just enjoying the music, the lyrics, Matt's voice alltogether...

this doesnt happen to me with any other Matt's song among all his songs, not even with any other bands'/singers' songs...

i dont know, u may think this is weird, but it has some sorta strange effect on me... but it is always a possitive feeling, no matter i'm feeling high or down in my mood ;)

I'm sure you perfectly understand me...