Skeets

Leak Patrol: Matthew Good - In A Coma

So am I the only one who thinks the simpler live version is better? When you discount the obvious sound quality difference.

I mean, the recorded one is good and all, but I would have preferred if it stayed closer to what was recorded live.

I partially agree. I like the eerie guitar intro better than the steady drum beat and Ryan/Meegee's vocals.

Other than that its pretty much the same and I love it.

Yeah....i REALLY liked the original live one, and I was going to say the new one wasn't quite as good, but once you get about half way into this new one, man, its great...i like both of them for different reasons...if u could incorporate the slower beat and eerie guitar intro stuff into this new version that would be the only thing better.

But definately, still a kick ass version!!!

The one in the store was in early 2005 late 2004?, the clear one I have on my harddrive was around that time too. The new one was ummm this year.

Here's the clear one I edited with the recorder...

Kool Haus - Toronto October 24th 2004.

You're welcome if you didn't have it before.

BCL Is Fun Live

Personally I think it just makes having the live version a rarity now, espically this copy since it was recorded on a fluke night with a great sounding mix and no one knows the words yet so it's so clear. As much as I miss the outro and intro as they were, this is a kick ass hard but dark version of the tune.

What??? The Big City Life recorded version link is dead already? Ahhh!

I want to hear it sooooo bad.

Updated:

I apologize. I didn't read the full thread (new here) and realize there were working links to the two versions... thank you soooo much. I'm pumped for the release.

Edited by sentient_robot

Well let's see.

I hate to come out of nowhere and say this because I just signed up at The Bored, but I have heard all of In A Coma's first two CDs.

I work at a music store and we got our shipment of In A Coma in last week, so obviously, I listened to it. All I can say: it's awesome like nobody's business. Big City Life and Pony Boy are awesome songs, though I personally like Pony Boy better. The acoustic CD will make you cry; it's beautiful. His version of Hello Time Bomb is sooo interesting.

All in all it's a kick ass album and I can't wait to take it home on Tuesday and check out the DVD.

By the way, I can't leak it for you guys, but I can answer any questions you might have.

Well let's see.

I hate to come out of nowhere and say this because I just signed up at The Bored, but I have heard all of In A Coma's first two CDs.

I work at a music store and we got our shipment of In A Coma in last week, so obviously, I listened to it. All I can say: it's awesome like nobody's business. Big City Life and Pony Boy are awesome songs, though I personally like Pony Boy better. The acoustic CD will make you cry; it's beautiful. His version of Hello Time Bomb is sooo interesting.

All in all it's a kick ass album and I can't wait to take it home on Tuesday and check out the DVD.

By the way, I can't leak it for you guys, but I can answer any questions you might have.

I'm curious to know what North American For Life sounds like.