Dan #1

How many fans...

How many Matthew Good (Band) Fans are there world wide?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How many Matthew Good (Band) Fans are there world wide?

• 0 - 1,000
    • 1,000 - 10,000
    • 10,000 - 20,000
    • 20,000 - 30,000
    • 40,000 - 50,000
    • 50,000 - 60,000
    • 70,000 - 80,000
    • 90,000 - 1,000,000
    • 1,000,000 +

He just wanted out of all that shit he went through. He was actually a good guy for doing it... saying no to the pressure

Ya i'd say that's pretty accurate.

Those who were fans before the breakup and not after the breakup, weren't really matthew good fans at all...they should have known him better then that.

And i think alot of the fans during the BM stage were young teens and maybe by the time they were 20 music with political connotations wasn't their style. And that's okay too.

I think that with respecto to political connotations, WLRRR is "stronger" and more clear in its political tendency than the previous ones, more socially committed and denouncing more political issues... maybe because the world - with respect to politics and social issues - is going mad

i dont know if current teenagers who listen to Matt's songs are really aware of the political issues he treats in his songs...

i dont know if current teenagers who listen to Matt's songs are really aware of the political issues he treats in his songs...

How can you not...i mean, i'm not an teenager anymore but i've always researched the meanings of MG/B songs

Again that's the MG crazy in me!! ;)

I said that because there are many politically-committed spanish bands and when i go to their concerts, it is full of teenagers who have only heard a song on the radio and they like that song just because it is "fashionable" but they dont worry about what the song means, they just enjoy the music and that's it (which i perfectly respect, of course!)...

again, i'm talking about it from my experience in Spain: with all the political and social issues we have had in the last 8 years in Spain (and in the whole world), hardly any teenager was on the streets demonstrating and complaining about, for example, the illegal invasion in Irak... and there are many bands in Spain who sang about that issue in the last year and in their concerts you asked teenagers "but do you really understand what the song is about?" and they just answered "i don't care what the message of the song is, i just enjoy dancing it and that's it"...

i'm not "damning" teenagers, of course not... i am not a teenager any more but when i was a teenager i had other things in my mind (not specially political or social issues) which were "appropriate" for my age... I don't know, now i've realized that you dont have to be an adult to worry about what you have surronding you, everybody (teenagers, adults) should worry about politics and social issues...

and i guess that is what happens with MG songs, probably there are many teenagers (and also adults, i'm sure of that) who dont really research the meaning(s) of Matt's songs...

(sorry, this must be too much Off Topic, right? ;) )

That is well said juanpe :angry:

Teenagers are part of his fan make up and no... it is not too much off topic. It is perfectly alright.

I also have noticed that teenagers do not care about politics and social issues. This is somewhat sad, but understandable. Many North American Youth live in a world where they may think that "political topics" are supposed to be dealt with "old men". I know this doesn't symbolize every youth... but this is quite common. They simply do not care about what happens in our world, as long as they continue to live in their "protected world of luxuries".

This may not make sense. This may make sense. But hopefully as teenage MG fans they notice the significance of his lyrics and become concerned about our world.

Im sure Teenagers make up a fair bit of Matt's fans. But how many fans do you think there are ? ;)

totally agree with you ;) you explained it better than me (that's the advantage of being a native speaker of English!!)...

really true Matt's fans? well, i guess that at least in Canada, being one of the most famous groups, there must be a bunch of real fans who enjoy his music, his voice, his personality, his lyrics, his social and political commitment...

some friends of mine who have just read some of his lyrics find them really good, deep, sweet and with a lot of meaning...

i hope i can convince more people in Madrid that Matt is a great artirst :angry: