Ravenous Yam

Calgary Concert

"With all the shit that's goin on in the world today, you.." I forget the rest.

I belive it went.. "With all the shit thats going on in the world today, there is no time for this fucking bullshit" ...1..2..3..Im frantic so load me up...

Edited by trufflepigs

its mac hall. i'm sure someone will mess it up

mac hall itself isn't what i don't like, its just not the type of venue i really like seeing shows in- i like cozier venues i guess. and all ages really do suck. try and find person in their 20s who doesn't agree with me.

i will probably still go to the show....i don't think i can do it-i really don't want to miss a show

I met you last year...I can't remember what show it was. But you and my friend Robin take the award for most shows attended EVER.

However, cosier doesn't always equal better. Wild Bills = cosy 18+ NIGHTMARE. The show at Mac Hall last fall was LEAGUES better in comparison. I agree with the all ages thing though. Even 16+ would be better than tripping over sodding kiddies.

Edited by Nearfantastica

i do think i get the award for most shows ever, and probably most cities ever

back in my living at home days i went to every show humanly possible- i lost count at 25, and its been in at least 5 cities

but now i have bills to pay, lots of bills

i would really like to see robin again though

i need a sugar daddy

any takers?? huh? anyone ;)

I'm going too! So I guess I'll be at school from 8am until...well whenever the concert ends. I'll just book it from my Chem lab to Mac Hall. With a 9am Physics tutorial the next day... lovely. But so worth it though. Although I'd like to see him play the Mac Hall Ballroom... it's more small and intimate.

I'm going too! So I guess I'll be at school from 8am until...well whenever the concert ends. I'll just book it from my Chem lab to Mac Hall. With a 9am Physics tutorial the next day... lovely. But so worth it though. Although I'd like to see him play the Mac Hall Ballroom... it's more small and intimate.

agreed!

*adding more characters to somewhat useless post*

Alright, sorry to bring this from the dead here; but anyone going to the Calgary show, if you'd all like to meet up, then try meeting at the bottom of the stairs in Mac Hall, where the entrance to the coat check, stage will be.

Alright, sorry to bring this from the dead here; but anyone going to the Calgary show, if you'd all like to meet up, then try meeting at the bottom of the stairs in Mac Hall, where the entrance to the coat check, stage will be.

at what time are you planning this conregation? It's been my experience in the past that that is where the line starts...at the bottom of the stairs. I'm just thinking about the scary angry eyes while attempting to "meet" there.

Just a thought:)

Yeah I'll be there but I'm curious as to what time also.

The last shows I've gotten at mac hall around 6 (hour before doors) and the line stretched all the way back to the coffe place and dq

Pick a time, any time.

someone should make an NF sign

Edited by uglybutterfly

"Good spot" is all relative:)

Maybe it's because I'm (old)er than I once was...but I prefer standing back a bit now. I can hear the sound better, and I'm not left with bruises afterward:)

At any rate, I will be there with a few long-term fans tomorrow night. Maybe I'll see some people around. I won't carry a sign, and I have no idea what I'll be wearing yet, but I'm reasonably tall with shoulder-length red hair and black framed glasses. I'll definitely be loitering by the bus afterwards, so if you see me, come and say hello if I don't say hi first.

I hope everyone enjoys the show:) Be safe.

I'd just like to say that the show was fucking awesome.

That, and if you don't like the opening band at a show at least have a little respect for them and the people who dont want to hear you and shut up. Personally I also thought they were a little lame but at least they got on the stage and did something unlike the little 15 year old turds around me......

I'm being quiet now... grrrrr

I just about died when he played Blue Skies! THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Acoustic Prime Time!

Avalanche!

Empty Road!

Everything is Automatic!!!

OMG FREAKING AWESOME!!

WTG MATT 6 THUMBS UP!

Only thing that would've made it better was Strange Days, but hey cant have em all!

ANyone have photos? I was going to bring my camera but the batteries

died just before I left :@ stupid camera!!!!!

The opening act was OKAY most of thier songs sounded the same.

My ears hurt ;)

I'm going to bed!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Frankly, i was pretty disappointed in the show, but it was no fault of Matt's or the band's. I was right up front and center, and nobody near me could hear the vocals AT ALL, at any point except the quieter acoustic songs. Not even when he was addressing the audience could we hear him.

This was because there was no centre speaker, and the vocals only came from the far right and far left, while everything else had a real amp up front. Therefore, not being within the sound projected by the speakers, i could not hear Matt for one part of the whole show. A bunch of his tried to get his attention, but he couldn't hear us because they all have earplugs. It was like a concert consisting entirely of instrumentals.

Also, i spent much of the time fighting off drunken yelling angry retards from my spot at the barricade.

On the other hand, i did get Rich's pick, and met Christian after the show briefly.

Like Yam (whom I was beside during the concert), I couldn't hear anything, which in turn made me bored and angry. I found that since his amp was right in front of me, I could only hear that and the drums. The set list was faily short too. None of this is Matt & Co.'s fault mind you, so no disrespect to him. Also the drunken idiots yelling "play the motherfucker" were pissing me off more than anything. The whole show really lacked energy to me. It seemed like they were just playing because they felt obligated to, though if I were in his shoes I'd probably have felt the same way with how the crowd was acting. All in all, I'd have to say it was one of the worst concerts I've ever been to and had I known it was going to be like that, I wouldn't have bought a ticket. On a positive, I did meet Christian and also get one of Richs' picks. That was neat.

I'd like to say that the show was excellent, i enjoyed myself emmensely, and on the topic of drunk retards, rest assured ravenous, a few of them will wake up tommorw with bruised ribs as i had to nail a few of them to protect my girlfriend....

i thought the Ladies and Gentlemen were pretty good, that moustache guy was sheer comedy...

Matt was excellent as usual, it never fails to amaze me - he walks out on stage and i go "oh my god! i can't believe he's really here!"

i was a hairs breadth away from one of pats drumsticks, but alas a drunk moron was in front of me... BOOO!!!!

anyways theres my 2 cents, goodnight all!

It's cold.

I thought the set was brilliant. This probably isn't the right order, but these are the songs he played:

The Rat Who Would Be King

Avalanche

Load Me Up

Empty Road

Suburbia

21st Century Living **

Everything is Automatic

Blue Skies Over Badlands

Hello Time Bomb

Weapon

Advertising On Police Cars

Giant

Alert Status Red

Prime Time (Acoustic)

Apparitions

**(No Rant. Has it been like this throughout the tour, or was this a technical difficulty?)

Am I missing anything? I'm getting older and I've seen him play so many times they start to bleed together.

At any rate, I got two tour firsts: PTD and AOPC. I couldn't be happier with Matt's performance.

The Ladies and Gentlemen seemed to have some kind of sonic feel to them. While some of their sounds were very interesting, as soon as they fired up the ol' keyboard I couldn't help but picture Ross on "Friends."

Highlight from their set: MORE COWBELL. Pat, I fucking love you.

Downsides of the show included the un-enthusiastic people behind me who kept bitching about my screaming. I'm sorry if you were there and I annoyed you, but I get pretty excited at these shows. And it's certainly not MY fault that I know what the song is after a note or two. I also like to dance. I'm not paying $30 to stand stock still and listen. I want to dance, and yes....I sing along too. Though I usually only mouth the words because I'm there to hear Matt sing, not myself.

My biggest peeve of the evening: being told by the hotshot security reps that Matt had taken off "to the airport" to reach his next destination.

Uh huh. Don't piss in my ear and telling me it's raining. Matt doesn't have an $80 000 Tour Bus for nothing. It was snowing and shitty outside and I don't doubt that Matt wasn't feeling up to hanging out after the show. I just wish that people would have a bit more respect for those of us out *in* the snow, and tell us the truth. I can't figure on Christian, Pat and Rich playing the same show as Matt when *they* didn't bolt to the "airport."

A simple "he's not up for it tonight, folks" would have sufficed. Instead, I found the security staff to be very rude with their comments about the "losers in the snow." Being told to "move out of the way, like as in, go home" by some snot-nosed little puke wasn't a very happy moment for me.

So yeah, it was an amazing show.....drunkards will be drunkards, and that's all there is to it.

Hopefully my pictures turned out. I'll post them if they do.

I was right up front and center, and nobody near me could hear the vocals AT ALL, at any point except the quieter acoustic songs. Not even when he was addressing the audience could we hear him.

Where my friend and I we could hear perfectly, good acustics in that room, although I did say to my friend as they were setting up Matt's stuff that the ppl right in the front arent going to be able to hear lol.

Hence why I said "It's not Matt & Co.'s fault". Please take the time to read the whole post ;). As for moving, well that was kind of hard when all the force was pushing me forward. And I was stuck against the front rail.

You missed "Oh Be Joyful", NF, but at least you can remember some of the setlist.

The only knock I had on the show was that The Ladies and Gentlemen almost made my ears bleed. They just set their mics too high and kind of took away from their performance.

Other than that, I thought it was a good show all around and worked as a perfect gift for the wife.