ghetto-astronaut

Favourite Off Of Rooms

Of all the songs on rooms which one is your personal favorite?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Of all the songs on rooms which one is your personal favorite?

• Truffle Pigs
    • Tripoli
    • Generation X-wing
    • Apparitions
    • North American For Life
    • Advertising On Police Cars
    • Hello Time Bomb
    • Strange Days
    • Prime Time Deliverance

borntohula:

Yeah that's pretty much what I meant. I just really like the way that he sings it in this version because yes, it is more promenant and because it picks up the song and makes it more interesting. In the original the way it's done fits into that version of the song as a slower break where in the Rooms version it's made into the most lively part of the track. I don't know, I just meant that it makes the accoustic version work better sang in a more energetic way than in the original because it fits.

borntohula:

Yeah that's pretty much what I meant. I just really like the way that he sings it in this version because yes, it is more promenant and because it picks up the song and makes it more interesting. In the original the way it's done fits into that version of the song as a slower break where in the Rooms version it's made into the most lively part of the track. I don't know, I just meant that it makes the accoustic version work better sang in a more energetic way than in the original because it fits.

i agree 100%.

I find North American for Life unnecessary, and awkward. I don't really get why it was reworked at all; it's always seemed such an off-the-cuff comment, not something that belongs on this, a VERY contemplative retrospect of sorts.

The songs generally convey a mood provided by the imagery on the rooms dvd: that of matt standing at a window lost in thought. My girlfriend made an interesting comment, 'No wonder it's called In a Coma, he sounds asleep!'

Does anyone else sense the lack of passion on these recordings? I'm not shooting down the album by any means, there are some real gems, such as generation x-wing, tripoli, prime time (even though i still disagree with the abrupt octave change during the first verse)... but i don't need another acoustic version of strange days or apparitions, and hello time bomb is a real stretch. The bass-y warble intro to truffle pigs threw me off immediately, it just felt awkward (still does).

Fucking love Generation X-Wing, easily the most successful on the album.

I can't wait for the next record. Fingers crossed for summer/ fall '06.

I don't understand how someone could say there is no passion in the songs. His voice is deeper. It kinda reminds me of Flight Recorder. And Hello Time Bomb is one of the saddest and most incredible songs I've heard. I love it. It's actually started to take Tripoli's place as my favorite from the cd.

I just don't think people "get" the brilliance behind being able to make songs like Hello Time Bomb and NAFL so kind of melloncholy. It gives me a chill. If you listen to the lyrics of Hello Time Bomb it almost fits the slow moving, almost "dark" progression. "Hello time bomb, i'm ready to go off." I just love it. There is no way he could have done something like this that pleased everyone. There are always purists who will disagree with making a fast song slow song and beautiful but I think it just showcases how versatile both the song and artist are.

I don't understand how someone could say there is no passion in the songs. His voice is deeper. It kinda reminds me of Flight Recorder. And Hello Time Bomb is one of the saddest and most incredible songs I've heard. I love it. It's actually started to take Tripoli's place as my favorite from the cd.

i'll tell you how, because people all have their own opinions.

cheers

I dont know..

for me I didnt see the point for Apparitions or Strange Days as acoustics.. apparitions specifically didnt sound much different than the original one.. or the acoustic versions that were put on those compilation discs..

i still think hello time bomb proved that its the type of song that should stay uptempo.. someone mentioned that the slowness made the lyrics fit better... id disagree.. saying "push and push and push till it hurts.." really needs the rockin' edge.. it almost makes it sound like he's whimpering during sex or something.. dont get me wrong i like it.. i just think it is better suited as a rocker...

north american for life on the other hand.. i think he did that one beautifully.. it's amazing how dark his voice sounds.. and the synthesizer (at least thats what i THINK it is) they used for the background... it's gold.. and he took out the george bush lyric.. which only makes it better..

prime time deliverance and advertising on police cars.. those were solid.. and tripoli especially was amazing.. i think its a close 2nd behind NA4L for me..

and he took out the george bush lyric.. which only makes it better..

True. But that meant he had to take out the "Look at the world and you tell me it's alright" lyric, which i thought was the only good part of the original song.

I think the song works much better in the Rooms version.