ghetto-astronaut

Favourite Off Of Rooms

Of all the songs on rooms which one is your personal favorite?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Of all the songs on rooms which one is your personal favorite?

• Truffle Pigs
    • Tripoli
    • Generation X-wing
    • Apparitions
    • North American For Life
    • Advertising On Police Cars
    • Hello Time Bomb
    • Strange Days
    • Prime Time Deliverance

I just don't think people "get" the brilliance behind being able to make songs like Hello Time Bomb and NAFL so kind of melloncholy. It gives me a chill. If you listen to the lyrics of Hello Time Bomb it almost fits the slow moving, almost "dark" progression. "Hello time bomb, i'm ready to go off." I just love it. There is no way he could have done something like this that pleased everyone. There are always purists who will disagree with making a fast song slow song and beautiful but I think it just showcases how versatile both the song and artist are.

i'm not really seeing the "brilliance" of it. virtually anyone with a guitar can make a fast song slow. if there's brilliance anywhere to be found in matthew good, it's in his lyrics and writings.

Overall I think it is great compilation.

Though I wonder why he decided to omit his trademark vocal style/versatility, found on past studio recordings, on most of the tracks.

Most notably, Primtime Deliverance (a complete disapointment, other than the audio bits at the end). I really miss the rousing chorus on Truffle Pigs as well.

I would have to say the highlights are: Tripoli, AOPC, and Gen-X-wing.

I also wish all the Rooms versions/selections had not been tracks doubled from the greatest hits (CD#1). (Ex. Time Bomb, Aparitions).

Would have been great to hear: The Rat Who would Be King, Failing the Research Test, Change of Season or Blue Skys Over Bad Lands instead.

Thats just my opinion though.

Cheers,

JK

I just don't think people "get" the brilliance behind being able to make songs like Hello Time Bomb and NAFL so kind of melloncholy.  It gives me a chill.  If you listen to the lyrics of Hello Time Bomb it almost fits the slow moving, almost "dark" progression.  "Hello time bomb, i'm ready to go off."  I just love it.  There is no way he could have done something like this that pleased everyone.  There are always purists who will disagree with making a fast song slow song and beautiful but I think it just showcases how versatile both the song and artist are.

i'm not really seeing the "brilliance" of it. virtually anyone with a guitar can make a fast song slow. if there's brilliance anywhere to be found in matthew good, it's in his lyrics and writings.

I agree with... well, I'm not sure what I agree with. I don't exactly see the brilliance in making Rooms, I just think it sounds good.

Overall I think it is great compilation.

Though I wonder why he decided to omit his trademark vocal style/versatility, found on past studio recordings, on most of the tracks.

Most notably, Primtime Deliverance (a complete disapointment, other than the audio bits at the end). I really miss the rousing chorus on Truffle Pigs as well.

I would have to say the highlights are: Tripoli, AOPC, and Gen-X-wing.

I also wish all the Rooms versions/selections had not been tracks doubled from the greatest hits (CD#1). (Ex. Time Bomb, Aparitions).

Would have been great to hear: The Rat Who would Be King, Failing the Research Test, Change of Season or Blue Skys Over Bad Lands instead.

Thats just my opinion though.

Cheers,

JK

I'll agree on the rat who would be king, a reworked acoustic of that would have been droolworthy.

Tripoli really gained something with the acoustic version. Advertising did as well, but not to such an extreme degree. Strange Days ended up a bit better than the original as well. I'd say that Advertising is my favorite off of rooms, since I love the song, and this version just highlights the lyrics, which I love to bits.