lucidity

Biggest Sacrifice To See Matt Play

I went to Ottawa without a ticket on the basis my friend said they were still on sale, why he didnt buy me one at the time I don't know, but I got there they were sold out, I got there 4 hours before it let in (this was the university show), I ended up scoring a ticket from a girl an hour before the show, although after chatting it up with security they would find a way to get me in for some cash...

It ended up being the best show I've seen Matt do, it was between AOB and Avalanche, so there was like 5 AOB songs.

well i never did anything worthwhile as a sacrifice to go see matthew good..

but i did tell the security guard at Ryerson University (cough if you can even call it that.. yes it's the UofT snobbishness coming out).. that i was dave brown sound from sum41 and he let me in to see Metric.

Edited by NationofCool

I had to have a 2 hour confrontation with the OC Transpo Bus Police over counterfeit bus tickets.

Yeah, im not joking.

care to explain what happened here

Me and my friend one day were headed off to the Ottawa Ex one day to catch the MG concert and thus had to take the bus down. Before we went I grabbed 2 bus tickets that were left on the dinner table and weren't being put to good use.

First my friend steps on the bus and puts in a bunch of money and walks on, but the bus driver yells at him to come back. He's missing a measly quarter. Fair mistake. So he puts in a quarter and walks down the bus. I put in the tickets and proceed to follow him. Suddenly he calls ME back. At this point i just figured he was an asshole. But apparently the tickets i had were no longer accepted. But the main concern was that the price/design was only printed on one side (as opposed to both). The guy says i'm using counterfeit tickets, tells me to wait on the bus, and calls the OC Transpo police. So we wait about 30 minutes for them to show up. And then i end up having an hour - 2 hour conversation with them, explaining where/when i got the tickets, where i was going, etc... The conversation was made 10x longer because the cop had an INCREDIBLY thick french accent that i couldn't understand. I had to look at my friend to see if he understood any of it, and most of the time he just shrugged. So after an hour of questioning (and talking to my parents) they decide that i'm telling the truth and let me go. Luckily we had left early enough to have some spare time before the show and still managed to make it there on time.

As karma would have it we ended up getting free tickets to the concert by (coincidentally, given recent circumstances) THE BEAR as sort of a promotion. You could still buy the tickets in this case. We just got lucky.

And THAT is the story.

I showed up at a bar when i was 17, 3 hours before a show, and sat in the bathroom, but i got caught coming out, and i didn't get to see him.

I managed to weasel my way in last october, somehow.

I bougth tickets to both shows, it's just i'm not 19, so i had to sneak in...

Well, the worst I've ever been through must have been in Port Colborne. It was the third mg show I'd been to in a matter of days. I ended up volunteering to do some backstage work in the hopes of getting some stuff signed, which meant basically some lifting and general labour.

The problem came when everybody I was with decided they were going to head out early (one of them had heat stroke and the rest were just beat). I decided to stick it out and figure out my own way home.

So I stayed for the rest of the show, helped tear down the set, and by the time we were done, not only had the band left, but most of the cars were gone too. The only ride left to me was in a cube van that would normally seat 3 and already had 4 people riding in it.

I then spent an hour sitting underneath the dash (covered in my own sweat and stink plus 4 other peoples stink) on the passenger side with someones legs over top of me AND I didn't end up even saying hello to Matt, let alone get his signature (although I think I got Dave's but he doesn't count)

All that for like 3 more songs.

Well, the worst I've ever been through must have been in Port Colborne. It was the third mg show I'd been to in a matter of days. I ended up volunteering to do some backstage work in the hopes of getting some stuff signed, which meant basically some lifting and general labour.

The problem came when everybody I was with decided they were going to head out early (one of them had heat stroke and the rest were just beat). I decided to stick it out and figure out my own way home.

So I stayed for the rest of the show, helped tear down the set, and by the time we were done, not only had the band left, but most of the cars were gone too. The only ride left to me was in a cube van that would normally seat 3 and already had 4 people riding in it.

I then spent an hour sitting underneath the dash (covered in my own sweat and stink plus 4 other peoples stink) on the passenger side with someones legs over top of me AND I didn't end up even saying hello to Matt, let alone get his signature (although I think I got Dave's but he doesn't count)

All that for like 3 more songs.

Wow. I think this one takes the cake.

I watched Hedley perform.

I take offense to that ;) ...Hedley is awesome...and they're gonna be huge.

But that's my opinion...Where did you see Hedley open for Matt?

Thanks,

Dan

UCFV disorientation, a few weeks ago.

Matt Good's last ever performance at a college/university :angry:

And to be fair, Hedley wasn't bad. Just very flamboyant, and their music reminded me a lot of Billy Talent, who I can't stand.

The Heck was worse though.

I waited in line THREE hours during New Music West 97 to see Matt play the last night at The Town Pump.

This time I am doing a cannonball run to Vancouver from Seattle November fourth, HOPING to get a ticket (maybe from a scalper) And then cannonballing Back to Seattle that night because the next day is my son's 17th birthday.