Sign in to follow this  
parkerville

best cartoon

what cartoon is better?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. what cartoon is better?

• Family guy
    • the simpsons

id say family guy is better then the newer simpsons, but ntuhing compares to the classic simpsons.

family guy > newer episodes of the simpsons

hard to say, they are in different periods... one is past its prime (simpsons) and family guy is maybe in its prime?

Both are great... cant decide though.

The Simpsons. The voice cast has always been fantastic, and Family Guy stole tons of stuff from the Simpsons, so it's hard to give it the nod.

tru, but family guy also takes things farther then the simpsons, which is usaly funnyer, and characters like stewie are hilarious

Family Guy doesn't really censor things heh. The Simpsons imply things but Family guy does things lol.

i gotta say the simpsons is better...i mean look at family guy...its just a more in your face, crude and ridiculous simpson family...and one cant say the simpsons are pussies for not going as far as family guy either, because the simpsons developed in a time period with more stringent rules...family guy would be the birth child of our now corrupted world

The family guy will never be as popular as the simpsons?

There would be not Family guy, futurama, king of the hill, etc, without the simpsons.

so true... the simpsons was a pioneer all on its own... something to be proud of... that is why i voted simpsons

Simpsons. Period.

(i dont care that the new ones aren't great. i still love them.)

I grew up with the Simpsons. I love them, and always will.

I agree that the Simpsons were the pioneers of this type of cartoon. I still remember when I was little my mom wouldn't even let me watch it because it was so crude at that time. Now when you watch the old simpsons its nothing, but that's because we've all become desensitized to it. Family guy makes me laugh my ass off because some of the stuff is so out there, but I bet one day jokes like they have on Family guy won't even make kids flinch.

I can't wait utill i'm 40 and i see Simpson's still on t.v (reruns of course) and think wow my kids can enjoy a classic.

It's weird when you watch reruns of the Beverly Hill Billies or Bewitch, etc. with your parents, And you question the comedy back then.

yeah, how much more crude can comedy get... its scary when you really think about it. Like some others of you have said... i flinched when i watched simpsons when i was younger because of the cursing, dirty language, etc.... but now i dont even think twice about it.

Gotta love the simpsons classic humour (its simple yet complicated at so many levels) ;)

I grew up watching classic sitcoms thanks to being an avid fan of Nick at Nite. Nothing today compares to the classics, sitcom-wise, beyond the Simpsons, which was a classic right out of the gate. Hell, some of the Tracey Ullman Show shorts have more depth to them than entire episodes of some of today's sitcoms.

I love the Simpsons with a passion, but it still just doesn't match Family Guy.

gotta be the Simpsons. Family Guy is still great and the newer episodes of the Simpsons are kinda hit or miss sometimes but it brings a kinda nostalgic feeling that i like.

Simpsons hands down. Sheer genius.

Family Guy really does get so much of their stuff from them, so it lacks in the sense of originality. Family Guy speaks for the gutter in anyone's mind... So that's a lot of the appeal I guess.

I like the new simpsons. the old ones are kinda lame.

But Family guy is my favorite show

very old is lame. Very new is decent. Last 3 or 4 seasons have been somewhat lame. A few seasons before that were gold.

As of today, Family Guy is better...I still think they should have cancelled The Simpsons instead of Futurama.

i think they should both keep going...i loved futurama and love the simpsons...

and family guy is pretty awesome...

and its back WOOOOOOO!!!

A few years ago it would've been the Simpsons, hands down, but as of late they've been on something of a downward spiral, so now I'm gonna have to go with Family Guy... well between those 2 choices anyway, overall it's Futurama for me.

Some of those adult swim shows on the Cartoon Network are better than simpsons.