Instant-Karma

Social Essay

Those who would give up their freedom for protection deserve neither.

So we should then all have the freedom to own nuclear weapons in our backyards, instead of retaining that restriction for all of our own protection?

What u say doesn't make sense. We give up many freedoms & privacy in the name of protection, like we give personal information to the gov't and police etc. ...Unless you are an anarchist, which then it would be a valid opinion i guess.

- and to the person who created this thread. That is a personal question of opinion. Your teacher is asking you at what point to YOU draw the line between national security/protection & giving up some freedoms. If any of us gave you our opinion to use, it would totally nullify the point of your assignment and you wouldn't learn anything except how to spin off others' opinions as your own.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

Those who would give up their freedom for protection deserve neither.

So we should then all have the freedom to own nuclear weapons in our backyards, instead of retaining that restriction for all of our own protection?

What u say doesn't make sense. We give up many freedoms & privacy in the name of protection, like we give personal information to the gov't and police etc. ...Unless you are an anarchist, which then it would be a valid opinion i guess.

- and to the person who created this thread. That is a personal question of opinion. Your teacher is asking you at what point to YOU draw the line between national security/protection & giving up some freedoms. If any of us gave you our opinion to use, it would totally nullify the point of your assignment and you wouldn't learn anything except how to spin off others' opinions as your own.

A ) I am an anarchist

B ) We must put this statement into a little bit of perspective. I am simply quoting Ben Franklin, however not entirely, and i did not give context which is again, my fault. Quote:

Benjamin Franklin-

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"

Edited by supercanuk

that is a good point, but then what? you have to put someone there to rule? and they cant want it

In the book, the person who rules the universe lives in a shack on a dead planet with nothing but a cat, a table, a bed, a chair, a pencil, and some paper. Every so often, representatives come and ask him questions. He answers as he sees fit. he has no idea he rules the universe. he is unsure that anything exists outside his door.