lcpja

tickets too expensive?

Well it's at a bar... and it's the Commodore. The Commodore is a pretty classy place so I guess I'd pay $40 to get in... though that's almost the same price for a ticket to the Coldplay concert at GM Place.

I remember before the announcement of the Vancouver concert, there were complaints about the Alberta concerts being a few dollars more expensive. I went to the one in Calgary. The ticket was $35 + all the service fees and delivery, but i thought that was really cheep.

The most i ever paid for a concert was $100 for floor seats to Metallica... And I thought that was cheep.

The biggest rip off to me was paying $83 for nose bleed seats to see Destiny's Child on the TRL tour, which was there first headlining tour. I can't image what they were after their huge success.

Edited by lcpja

when you talk about $, do you talk about american or canadian dollars? how much is a canadian dollar? a Euro is more or less 1,10 american dollar (don't know how much it is in canadian dollars)

the regular price of concerts in Spain is around $30 (american dollars) and when you go to one of this festivals, it is even cheaper because you pay that amount (30 american $) and you have around 4 or 5 bands playing...

I'm gonna go to a Festival next week and, for example, a day ticket is 30 € and you've got the same day Lou Reed, The Cure, Starsailor and Muse ;) if you buy a kinda "whole-festival-ticket" it is 70€ for a three-day concert (with around 12 bands/singers playing)

If you have a concert in a bar/pub/stadium or something like that, it depends on the band: from 20€ to 50€: last Placebo show was 35€, last Coldplay show was 40€, last Travis show was 25€,...

I've been to a pantload of concerts...I was at both Matt Good shows in Calgary...but I was on the guest list both nights so I didn't pay a damn thing. The most I think I pay is when I go to Ozzfest in Seattle every summer...floor tix are about 85 American...this is for a 15 hour festival though.

As for one show...I'd pay about 40 unless I LOVE the band, then a lot more.

And pause...rewind. Did I read something about a Destiny's Child concert?...wtf?

the prices seem to be very similar to the ones we have in Spain, although in spanish festivals, each music day is composed of around 10 hours of music (there are 4 or 5 main bands/singers and then around 7 or 8 minor bands/singers) ;) non-stop music!!! imagine how tired we finish after each of these festivals!!!

but the price of the ticket is worth paying for so much music

yes, sorry your right.

And pause...rewind. Did I read something about a Destiny's Child concert?...wtf?

shut up, don't bug me. This was 16 or 17...i'm not ashamed i was a fan...Byonce has a beautiful voice.

I've been to a pantload of concerts...I was at both Matt Good shows in Calgary...but I was on the guest list both nights so I didn't pay a damn thing.

OCTOBER

At the second show, were you standing in the front (possibly center too)...i think i may have seen you there. Because i did see 2 people who said they were on the guest list and they got in when i did ( i was at the front of the ticket line.)

Edited by lcpja

well, to rent an expensive place, u gotta make more money from the fans to make a profit. Uhm, also, if you are a true matthew good fan, u should prolly be able to pay any fee to see him. personally, i htink the 25 dollars i paid to see him was too little! great show, Wil was fun too ;)

i really didnt mind it being a smaller concert, it was an all ages cabaret, so lots of uncontrollable highschoolers. but i was able to be close to matthew good, thats a plus!

that's the good thing of a small concert, you may have the opportunity to meet the singer, to be closer to him... what i hate of big big Festivals is that too many people attend the concert and you see the singer/band as if you were miles away from him/her...

... and knowing me a lil bit more as u do :angry: - after all my posts here - you can imagine that i would pay whatever in order to see Matt live ;)

Only 2 or 3 years to get 10 billion?....lol either your math needs work or you better start making polls left right and center. I bet if we all donate some NF$ we could help out...but 10 billion?....that's some steep shit.

I'm willing to shell out quite a bit for concert tickets! Mainly because I moved up to northern British Columbia a year and half ago and i dont get any shows up here so i have to shell out $400 to fly down to Vancouver to go to concerts! They have to be worth while of course.... Matt Good (twice), Pearl Jam, Queens of the Stone Age are a couple that i've spend big bucks to see and they were all worth it!!