lcpja

tickets too expensive?

Going back to the topic of smaller venues...

...i like them. First of all i like the age restriction, which eliminates SOME immaturity (sorry to all those under 18 or 19...and i'm not saying that all underaged persons are immature)

Secondly i like the idea of having not as many people in general, because honestly those who get the tickets first are the real fans...Therefore it makes for a better and calmer show.

if MG went to Madrid, they would play in a small place for sure... stadiums, bullfighting rings and big areas are just for those very very famous in Spain (if, for example, U2, The Cure, Muse toured in Spain)

I remember going to see Matthew Good at Greg's place in Chilliwack, BC for about $5-7 bucks. I still think the tickets for the recent shows were pretty resonable though. I like going to the smaller venues to see shows it is a lot more intimate. And that would be another reason for the high ticket price. You get less people in each place, so you have to charge a little more to be able to put on the show.

can you imagine Lth, the Darkness, Iggy Pop, Massive Attack and Chemical Brothers one day?

and The Cure, Muse, Starsailor and Lou Reed the following day?

and Bob Dylan, The Coors and Echo & the Bunnymen the third day?

AND can you imagine all this for only €60??? ;)

Well, that's the Xacobeo 2004 Festival which starts in two days in Santiago de Compostela, Galicia (north west of Spain) and i will be there... :angry:

I will "abandon" the forum for around a week... to see all these bands