ecnarf

Toronto's Centre Of The Universe Complex?

bullshit. that's just regurgitative rhetoric that you've heard from left-lib media and your teachers. the education system was fucked before harris touched it.it's not his fault that the TDSB mismanage their money.

Infact,he's one of the only politicians I can think of who actually did what he said what he was going to do.

And obviously you don't realize that a large percentage of Canada's population is due to the 'multiculturalism'. Please educate yourself before you make idiotic comments.
Just like how the U.S's population is so large because of its multiculturalism right? don't tell me to educate myself about multiculturalism when you donm't even know what it means.

Yes, blame the left-lib teachers. You're right, it was fucked up before Harris got to it, but his spending cuts, stupid fights with teachers, and terribly curriculum changes fucked students over more than they were before. He didnt make it better, he made it worse.

bullshit. that's just regurgitative rhetoric that you've heard from left-lib media and your teachers. the education system was fucked before harris touched it.it's not his fault that the TDSB mismanage their money.

Infact,he's one of the only politicians I can think of who actually did what he said what he was going to do.

And obviously you don't realize that a large percentage of Canada's population is due to the 'multiculturalism'. Please educate yourself before you make idiotic comments.
Just like how the U.S's population is so large because of its multiculturalism right? don't tell me to educate myself about multiculturalism when you donm't even know what it means.

You are bang-on on that Harris is one of the only Canadian politicians i can remember also that actually did what he said he was going to do. He did what he said, made the unemployed & welfare because "work for welfare" (which got my lazy drunk uncle off his ass and working) and other things.

But of course then people didn't like it and voted him out. And now voters in Ontario (and most Canadians) will vote for a liar like McGuinty who promises the word and then goes back on his promises the minute he gets elected.

And about the multi-culturism point, he didn't say he hated multi-culturism, he said it was annoying. Parades everyday for each ethnic group and having to be politically correct all the time could get annoying to some people.

Yeah it is. But there is no city with more multiculturalism/immigrants (with possible exception of Vancouver?) than Toronto. So if you did think multiculturalism is annoying, i'd guess Toronto would be the worst place to live for that.

All the references Toronto gets on the Simpsons makes the rest of Canada jealous.

sometimes it hurts to hear: "Canada...that's in Toronto isn't it?"

Many of us have stopped watching Simpsons due to that kind of filth.

are you serious?

i hope that's a joke, cuz that is the funniest thing i have heard all day

Yes, blame the left-lib teachers. You're right, it was fucked up before Harris got to it, but his spending cuts, stupid fights with teachers, and terribly curriculum changes fucked students over more than they were before. He didnt make it better, he made it worse.

I am blaming the teachers. the 'stupid fights' were caused by the teachers union. students don't become stupid all of a sudden because of cuts in spending. their learning isn't hampered by the lack of fancy colored paper.

harris got rid of superfluous spending and raised the standard for learning. good for him. province wide tests show that grade 3 students aren't learning as much. it's not because their stupid, or because of mike harris, it's because a larger percentage of them don't speak english.

that's my gripe with multiculturalism. it's a little annoying when you ask for directions in an english speaking city, and you can't find anyone who speaks english. diversity sounds great when you're trying to be politically correct and "open minded" ,but it doesn't make any sense to have dozens of isolated communities in a single city. multiculturalism doesn't promote acceptance or tolerance, it's the complete opposite. people move to toronto and stay in their isolated little communities without having to deal with anyone else or even learn the countries national language.

I remember when I was little. the title our annual christmas party at school was changed to " A winter wonderland" out of fear of annoying someone who didn't celebrate christmas. I'm the most anti-christian person I know , but jesus christ,how fucked is that? I'm embarrassed to be canadian.

Edited by heyrabbit