cooldude

North American For Life

NAFL was originally a strictly live song i believe (like 4 minute mile.) I think it was also a very improv/spur of the moment song when it was first written. It was never going to be an amazing blow us out of the water song. But as it stands, the acoustic version slightly salvages it from a mediocre existance.

It was a little bit "emo". Not a bad version of the song but I kept thinking of emo kids wanting to die. I blame MySpace for that.

Anyway, I liked it mostly.

how is it emo?

the lyrics havent changed, just the sound.

Lyrics don't need to be emo to sound emo. The speed of the song is what made it emo.

It was a little bit "emo". Not a bad version of the song but I kept thinking of emo kids wanting to die. I blame MySpace for that.

Anyway, I liked it mostly.

how is it emo?

the lyrics havent changed, just the sound.

Emo IS a sound. Done and done. But hahah....I don't know why he thinks its emo. Whatever.

Edit: Oh and...speed doesn't really have to do that much whether it is emo or not. Buuuut...I guess that's your opinion.

Edited by MarketTomato

i wasn't impressed, and everything but Rooms is stuff i could listen to whenever i wanted a year ago.

What did you expect from a greatest hits collection? 3 disks worth of entirely new, exclusive songs?

no, but that's my point. It's not anything new, so why would i listen to a compilation instead of the original album?

Ummm, emo? You guys are all drunk. All of you.

I love the reworking, it was one of the most pleasant surprises. It's similar to when artists cover other artists; the covers sound better to me when they take a different approach to the original. In this case, Matt covered himself, but still took a different, interesting approach to it.

In closing, I like it.

Edited by CaptainRocket

Ummm, emo? You guys are all drunk. All of you.

I love the reworking, it was one of the most pleasant surprises. It's similar to when artists cover other artists; the covers sound better to me when they take a different approach to the original. In this case, Matt covered himself, but still took a different, interesting approach to it.

In closin,g, I like it.

I think you're the drunk one. Like one person said it was emo?