cooldude

North American For Life

Emo? The music is very creepy and Matt sounds like a beatnik in it. I can practically hear him snapping his fingers and beating the bongos in his lap.

I thought both NAFL and HTB were interesting reworked and sounded good to me but I did like the originals better. It might be a toss up for NAFL, probably would depend on my mood.

I like the new NAFL. I like all of the songs on Rooms better than the originals except Apparitions, Strange Days and Advertising On Police Cars which I like equally as much as the originals.

I think the whole purpose of Rooms was more than just to make an acoustic record but to change up the sound on the songs and experiment a little. It probably wouldn't have been as interesting if he had played and sung the songs exactly the same way.

yeah, the acoustic version is better than the original, to me. The original did nothing for me.

I was shocked when i saw he was going to be doing it acoustically, would have been pretty low on my list for songs he could have chose.

Awesome job though, i like the feeling to it now.

Rooms version made me love this song when before it bored me.

Eerie and fucking beautiful.

Oh, and on the issue of the "compilation, nothing new" thing. I really do think that In A Coma was primarily meant for newer or less hardcore fans, yet still giving hardcore fans something other than a best-of (with rooms, the videos, the "making of"). Kinda smart when you think of it... you get sales from both the huge fans and the new/less huge fans.

i wasn't impressed, and everything but Rooms is stuff i could listen to whenever i wanted a year ago.

What did you expect from a greatest hits collection? 3 disks worth of entirely new, exclusive songs?

Heh, imagine this, an releasing a greatest hits compliation with new material entirely... Now that's what I can revolutionairy! B)