juanpe

Farenheit 9/11

Since M. Moore's movie hasn't been released in Spain yet, I'd like to know how people in the States, Canada or other parts of the world have reacted towards the movie: what's the general impression, how the American government is reacting to it, whether it is having much effect on people's opinions, etc.

Thanx ;)

Well, I haven't really heard much about how it is effecting the general public. In MG's blog he wrote about how this movie may be the first movie to actually have a considerable impact on a presidential election. All I have to say to everyone is to go see it! I went last night and it is a shocking eye opener. Michael Moore did an amazing job of backing up everything he had to say, so agree with him or not, you have to admire that.

I don't know actually. The poster outside the movie said 'this film is not yet rated'. Whether it was R or not wouldn't have made a difference for me since I'm 21, but it would suck for underagers. This is a movie that everyone needs to see and its ridiculous to keep young people out. Believe me, nothing in the movie is any worse then what you see on the news.

money buys the rating in the states... I've seen it, movies that I have watched that hear have a 14A, and are pretty clean, get the R. But movies with a higher bank role, that are 18A here, make PG13 down there...

Ten dollars (Canadian) to the first person who can explain to me how America is like Nazi Germany. I mean, honestly, as much as I dislike the political path which America is taking, it is not as bad as late 1930's Germany. In fact, I'd say that to say that is an insult to all the Germans (Jew or otherwise) who suffered through Hitler's rule.

Any takers?

Ooh, ooh I can do that! Read This. Then give me money. I agree it's not fascism, or neerly as bad as Nazi germany, but it's undeniable that that's the direction the US government is drifting lately.

It's Rated 14A, because it does have distrubing scenes (charrd bodies, piles or corpses) and offesive language.

I've seen the movie twice, and I love it.

When i watched it, it was obviously biased, but I enjoy supporting him, so for me it was ten dollars worth spending... I think people are going to try to disect it and try and flame Moore for being biased, but i say who cares? He's bringing up important issues, he has all his sources that you can check. Im glad he's at least out there trying his hardest to get people to realize what is going on. Once they know about it, its there own moral decision to do what they feel is right.. But anyway, good movie, i enjoyed it, I think everyone should at least watch it, even rent it if its cheaper and you dont really want to support him, infact im sure you can probably download it for free. Anyway i'll stop ranting because its late and im rambling.

I only make the US failing on 10-14... buy failing I mean not meeting more than 50% of the criteria.

scary...

They could have called it father-land security... but all the neo-nazi's started shining their curb stomping boots.

Peace